Our client believes that in order to make you as productive as possible it is vital that you feel confident in your ability to perform your job role well. Therefore, they will try whenever possible to develop you in terms of your technical and business expertise (as it relates to your job role) through the right combination of formal training and informal mentoring.
- To be able to work with your peers as a team so that everyone within the company performs to the best of their abilities.
- To be able to communicate professionally and effectively with clients, being able to quickly gather sufficient information to investigate incidents and provide regular and appropriate feedback to them.
- To have a reasonable understanding of the (predominantly Microsoft) technical tools on which the applications are based.
- In all aspects of your day-to-day work, you are required to consider the commercial impact of your actions. All tasks carry a cost and are intended to generate value.
This is a support position. You will be responsible for all aspects of support given to you for the entire product set and managing through to resolution issues that you can resolve.
You will recognise when to escalate issues that have a large impact on client business, a high client visibility, are proving problematic to resolve, or have been ongoing for an excessive amount of time.
In respect of project execution and reporting:
- To be able to communicate clearly, confidently and accurately with clients and others as required, both verbally and in writing.
- To have an excellent understanding of the client’s application set and to keep up to date on changes.
- Ensuring that incidents are recorded with an appropriate level of detail and managed through to resolution in a timely manner with progress on the incident and time taken being also recorded.
- To continuously work to reduce support in both number of issues and time spent.
- To ensure that support is appropriately documented so that routine tasks can be taken on easily by other individuals.
- To deliver the work requested of you to a high standard and to the timescale determined.
- To perform daily support checks as agreed with the Support Supervisor
- To have an understanding of the data model for the products you are supporting.
- To be sufficiently competent in the use of the database platform being used to be able to investigate issues.
- Technical Support
- Support Analysts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job