Junior Supply and Demand Planner
£20,000- £25,000 DOE
My international client is looking for a Junior Supply and Demand Planner to join their team based in York. The role involves the provision of forecasting and supply planning support for a portfolio of finished goods, maintaining optimal availability and identifying opportunity for improving stocked efficiencies across the portfolio. Reporting to the Regional Supply Chain Manager on product performance.
An ideal opportunity for a Jr Planner with statistical forecasting experience looking for a progressive and challenging career within an active and growing online retail environment.
As Junior Supply and Demand Planner, your main duties will be;
- Manage a portfolio of products and analyse global demand history for each SKU using a statistical demand and supply planning system called Futurmaster.
- Review monthly forecast errors and apply corrective measures to avoid stockout/overstock.
- Ensure an appropriate statistical model and parameters are applied to increase forecast accuracy across the portfolio.
- Liaise with marketing team to ensure that all stock requirements for the various planned promotions are captured accurately, in accordance with production and delivery leadtime.
- Maintain a 3-month SKU Level rolling forecast for key suppliers based on available stock and account for promotional requirements.
- Identify opportunities for multi-site stock optimisation.
- Raise Supplier Purchase orders and Intersite Transfers with accurate and efficient data entry.
- Monitor stock and open orders to address any shortfalls with alternative supply.
- Proactively monitor products to identify priorities of critical items to ensure a high level of customer service, whilst actively preventing stock obsolescence.
- Develops and executes purchase plans at least cost to capitalise on margin saving.
- Work with Logistics Co-ordinator and other planners to prioritise deliveries.
- Support new product launches and initial stock order placement with suppliers.
- Contribute to continuous improvement and IT projects to improve availability, reduce cost and obsolescence.
As Junior Supply and Demand Planner, you will have a;
- A-level/equivalent in Science, Maths, or other numerate discipline
- Highly numerate and experienced using data from multiple resources for analytics
- Minimum 2 years Demand Planning and ERP experience in comparable industry
- IT literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Office Packages
- Confident and concise communicator
- Attention to detail, with an organised methodical approach
- High degree of understanding of the end-to-end Supply Chain Planning processes
- Supply Chain Management
- Demand Planning
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job