Junior Sous Chef
Our prestigious client is a fabulous hotel based in a beautiful location in South Devon. They are looking to appoint an experienced and professional Junior Sous Chef to assist the Head Chef in the smooth running of the kitchen and to add to their expanding kitchen team. This role would suit someone relocating to the seaside or wanting a change of scenery! If you are relocating to the area, then a live-in position is an option with an extremely low rent each week (plus bills share).
The hotel prides itself on delivering exceptional standards and the right candidate will play a big role in that continuing. To be passionate about the work you do is vital, and experience working within a similarly high-quality environment needed. This role provides a unique opportunity within a successful and expanding organisation, which encourages professional development and offers excellent long-term career prospects.
- Assist the Head Chef in the effective and efficient organisation of the kitchen whilst ensuring all kitchen staff carry out their allotted duties to the Hotels standards
- Comply with all Food and Hygiene Regulations, Health and Safety at Work Act and Fire Regulations.
- Supervise and carry out the preparation, cooking and portioning of all food dishes to the expected standards set by the hotel.
- Ensure all actual and potential customers are dealt with effectively and courteously and all queries and complaints are satisfactorily resolved.
- Maintain the Hotels standards of department and personal appearance, cleanliness and hygiene of the kitchen areas.
- Maintain good liaison, communication and working relationships with management, the kitchen team and all other departments of the hotel.
- Complete weekly kitchen audits in-conjunction with Head Chef and General Manager.
Attributes we are looking for include:
A highly motivated team chef, fluent in English (both written and spoken) with a positive "can do" attitude, always willing to go the extra mile. We are looking for someone who can work well under pressure, who shows the willingness and drive to work hard and be part of a fantastic team, whilst playing a big role in helping develop others within that team. Prides themselves on the quality of food they produce whilst matching the great standards expected by the Restaurant. Must be sales focussed with good IT skills - (Excel, Word and Powerpoint), with a natural flair for delivering exceptional customer service.
The right candidate will have preferably worked within a Rosette standard kitchen before.
In return, this great employer is offering:
- An excellent starting salary
- A good working environment in a beautiful location
- A good work life balance
- The chance to learn new skills and work with a great team
- Meals on duty
- Voucher discount scheme
- Preferential rates in all sister hotels
- Uniform provided
- Live-in opportunity
If you feel this is a role for you, then apply below
Contempo Recruitment is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving candidates and clients across Devon and Cornwall. Our advertised roles relate to real vacancies that exist with our clients.
Please be aware that we will endeavour to contact all applicants, however if you have not been contacted within 72 hrs please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion and your CV will be kept on record for future positions.
Due to our GDPR policy when you apply for this current vacancy then you have given us the permission under Data Protection to share selected details with our clients for their related vacancies. Upon receiving your CV this will be taken as your permission to proceed with your application.
Contempo Recruitment is an employment agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973 (and amendments).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"