Junior Sous Chef
<Highbury & islington [victoria line, overground line]>
The Canonbury Tavern has been a public house since the early 1700's and boasts a rich and varied history. Having one of the best and largest pub garden spaces in the city, it has long been a destination for pub-goers and diners taking advantage of our urban oasis. Situated just a short walk from both Highbury and Islington Victoria and London overground tube station. Want to work for a great local pub and restaurant then we are certainly the pub in North London for you to join. Great people serving great food and drinks.
What we offer our Sous Chefs;
- Alongside your Head Chef – autonomy to create your own menu’s and specials.
- Up to £25,000 per annum
- 28 days holiday per year
- Average working hours will be 45-50 per week
- 20% discount in all Young’s & Geronimo pubs and hotels
- Access to our Apprenticeship Scheme, development programmes and Chef Academy
What we look for in a Junior Sous Chef;
We are looking for an existing Senior CDP looking for their next step, who considers themselves as a natural leader with a passion and flare for producing quality fresh food in an environment that makes people feel welcome. As the successful Junior Sous Chef you will:
- Have experience championing excellent service through quality food.
- Demonstrate a passion for leading and developing a team.
- Be an active hands-on Chef with excellent communication skills
- Be responsible and able to manage the kitchen staff rota, training and all health and safety effectively at all times
- Working alongside your Head Chef you will be able to demonstrate your creativity and ability by helping to design and deliver new dishes for our menus and daily specials
- Demonstrate great planning and organisational skills, necessary to maintain effective controls with regard to both GP and labour
- Have a pro-active approach to driving sales and delivering growth, through engagement with both kitchen and front of house teams
‘Thanks for your interest in working with Youngs’
“We believe in developing our people to delight our customers”