Junior Sous Chef - Top Hotel & Restaurant - 4* Delux - Pan Asian Cuisine - £25k +
This exciting post of Junior Sous Chef has opened within a well-known Pan-Asian Restaurant, which has an excellent reputation and is based within a central top Hotel. It is located within the Kensington area of London and offers a range of authentic dishes from Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and Vietnam as well as some newer signature dishes. Many dishes are available in two sizes "Tasting Portions" and "Sharing Portions".
All the dishes are produced using fresh produce and offer its growing clientele and customers high standards and an excellent dining experience. In addition to the Restaurant, the kitchen also caters for room service orders and varying requirements for conferences and events.
- £24k to £25k (plus you get paid for any overtime that you do, which is optional)
- Service Charge is also paid, offering an additional £2k to £3k +
- Reports To: Executive Head Chef
- Size of Brigade: 7
- Covers: 40-50 Covers (Main Restaurant)
- 60 - 80 Covers (Conference & Banqueting Lunch)
- Cuisine: Pan Asian
- Friendly and supportive team
- To deputise for the Executive Head Chef / Sous Chef, as and when required.
- Stock control and ordering is a vital part of this post especially as everything is cooked from fresh.
- To ensure that the brigade is aware of service requirements and that they are managed to ensure the highest standards of food and presentation is met at all times.
- To adhere to set standards and HACCAP, Health & Safety etc at all times.
- To assist in the design and production of menus and signature dishes etc.
- Make sure that all service requirements are covered through planning of staff, food ordering, mise-en-place, etc.
- Liaise closely with other departments and service staff etc to ensure preparation and smooth service is carried out as well as the ability to meet & exceed customer expectations.
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Experience at similar level in a similar establishment or a Senior CDP / Junior Sous
- Experience of Asian Cuisine
- Excellent levels of presentation
- Excellent stock control abilities
- A hands on approach and able to motivate a team