Junior Sous Chef - 5 star resort
Our client, a beautiful 5* property in West Sussex are seeking an experienced Junior Sous to join their already established team.
General scope of the role:
To set and maintain standards and ensure smooth running of kitchen in accordance with Head / Exec Chefs agreement. To maintain ongoing training with all chefs. Implementation of Health & Safety standards and assisting with budgetary controls.
The successful Junior Sous Chef will:
- Assist with smooth running of the kitchen sections, and develop the kitchen brigade to the required level and standards.
- Proactively seek new ways and methods of producing menu and food products
- Work with the Head/ Exec chef to ensure menus are always reflecting current trends and guests requirements.
- Manage stock control and product cost systems.
- Possess good communication skills within the kitchen and with other departments.
- Be guest focused at all times and show willingness to be flexible to fit in with business/and event requirements.
- Implement with the Head/Exec Chef training requirements for all kitchen personnel including health, hygiene and safety practices.
- Assist the Head / ExecChef in menu writing, planning and be proactive in assessing current industry trends and initiatives
- Assist with team management to include, training & development, performance management and general welfare of team
- Assist the head/exec chef with the recruitment and selection of new brigade team members
- Carry out office management duties to include; rota's, ordering, supplier contact etc.
Our successful Junior Sous Chef will have
- A high level of understanding of health & safety and food safety guidelines within the kitchen.
- The ability to help manage junior team members ensuring they are also aware of and follow safety guidelines without exception.
- Previous experience in a luxury hotel kitchen would be preferable.
- A strong understanding of the high standards that are required in a 4*/5* Hotel environment.
- Relish the pressure of the kitchen environment.
- A high level of motivation with exceptional attention to detail.
- Enjoy working as part of a large team and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Be confident, professional and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Complimentary meals whilst on duty
- Complimentary car parking
- Discounted room nights across all group Hotels and Venues
- Discounts on food and beverage across all group properties
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job