Junior Sommelier - Michelin Star Restaurant - Berkshire
£17,000 - £20,000 + tips
Our client, a Michelin star Restaurant in Berkshire is seeking a passionate and professional Junior Sommelier to support the Head Sommelier in this stunning fine dining venue.
Awarded an 'AA Notable Wine List Award', the restaurant prides itself on it's extensive wine list and ability to reccommend the perfect wines to complement dishes from their a la carte menu's and elaborate 10 course tasting menu's.
The successful Junior Sommelier:
- Will open, set up and stock the bar.
- Will prepare and serve cockails and mixed drinks to guests in the bar before being seated.
- Will maintain the consistency of the restaurants drinks service standard.
- Use sound product knowledge to make reccomendations to guests based on there preferences.
- Will support the Head Sommelier during dinner service to serve beverages that completement dishes.
Requirements of the role:
- Expereince in a fine-dining enviroment is essential (Michelin / 3 AA Rosette background would be advantageous)
- A passion for and outstanding knowledge of wine is essential - WSET Certification would be advantageous.
- Good knowledge of spirits and cocktails/mixed drinks.
- Be impeccably presented.
- Have a charismatic personality.
- Have great level of written and spoken English.
- Due to the location the successful applicant will need to be a driver with own transport or happy to live-in (at cost).
Perks of the job:
- Salary up to £20,000 based on experience.
- Cash tips.
- Live-in available at cost.
- 5 day working week
- 2 consecutive days off (Sunday and Monday)
To apply for the role please click the link below and we will be in touch shortly.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
Evolve Hospitality Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates.