As a result of increased business and company expansion, we have a new opportunity for a practicing Lawyer to join our in-house legal team. We are looking for a newly qualified solicitor who has successfully delivered timely, commercially based legal advice to; or within a professional services-based organisation.
The work is in-house, as part of a small legal team, for a leading provider of social care and support to adults with mental health and learning disabilities supported living needs. The company is head quartered in Slough, England, and has over 35 years of experience of providing sector leading supported living services and accommodation across services covering the South East of England. The role offers lots of scope for future development in a range of legal specialisms.
Key Features of the Role
Reporting to Legal Counsel as the company solicitor you will be providing general legal guidance, assistance, and advice on a day-to-day basis to company departments and their associated companies within the Group.
A priority function of the role will be to assist the organization with reviewing, updating and drafting policies and procedures on all aspects of the business to ensure compliance and manage risks and then once this project is complete, the role will offer a range of legal challenges to provide support with.
- Primarily, supporting the business in following the right legal compliance procedures, negotiation and contracting.
- Help to develop, draft, and maintain key standard documentation, including core standard agreements, policies, and precedents.
- Reviewing, drafting, negotiating, and amending a wide range of documents, including employment contracts, outsourcing and marketing agreements, and pleadings.
- Advising on contracts for public sector tenders and assisting in collating the legal aspects of bid responses on behalf the business.
- Providing advice on wider legal matters, including data protection, use of data within commercial arrangements, employment realted matters, lease reviews and potential disputes.
- To assist all stakeholders, progress legal company matters in an efficient manner to ensure legal obligations are met whilst managing business risk.
- Able to undertake legal research and provide clear reports, advice, presentations, and training where required.
- Supporting the Head of Legal and various other stakeholders to deliver a range of company projects, advising and guiding on the legal implications.
Skills and Experience Required
To be considered for the role we are looking for:
- Experienced Solicitor newly qualified in England and Wales, or an equivalent foreign jurisdiction qualification.
- Evidence of direct relevant experience or PQE in private practice or in-house (min 1 years' experience)
- Experience of reviewing and directly negotiating a range of areas, with the ability to apply legal knowledge in a commercial context.
- Excellent drafting skills and attention to detail
- Ideally, you will have knowledge of employment law, landlord and tenant law, civil litigation and commercial contracts
- Knowledge of GDPR and data handling requirements.
- Excellent written and spoken communication, with the ability to draft well written and concise policies and processes.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Competitive Salary
- 28 Days Holidays (inc Public Bank Holidays)
- Company Laptop
- Company Mobile Phone
- Business Miles Paid
- Contributory Pension Scheme
Templewood Recruitment values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- Employment Law
- Legal Practice
- Legal Compliance
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'