Established since 1994 my client have worked in partnership with leading names in the private and public sectors to generate new sales and maintain data integrity.
From their Hastings office, they work with companies of all shapes and sizes from diverse industry sectors, including publishing, food retail and hospitality and manufacturing industry. They apply an extensive range of talents to provide powerful and effective marketing support for businesses!
The Junior Developer will work with the Digital Technologies Team to maintain and improve existing systems as well as help build new ones. This opportunity would suit someone who is confident of his or her core developer skills and is looking for an opportunity to grow in a supportive environment.
- Building bespoke, digital solutions based on business requirements
- Maintaining existing Microsoft Access databases and fixing any errors in a timely manner
- Updating and maintaining existing systems, written in a variety of languages and frameworks - you must be prepared for something new every day!
- Accurate documenting of Code
- Data analysis including producing charts and reports for clients and the wider business
- A continuous approach to learning, you will work to learn and develop new skill sets and apply them to your work
- Help maintain the company server, network, computers and phone system
- Working to scope solutions for the business digital offerings
- Acting as an ambassador of all things technical within the company
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
Essential Skills & Experience
- A thorough understanding of Microsoft Access and VBA
- Able to demonstrate a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving - paying close attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate effective oral and written communication.
- Able to rapidly absorb new technical information and share and implement this within the role.
- Experience of translating technical information to non-technical colleagues and stakeholders, as required.
- Calm and collected approach to finding and implementing solutions.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- An understanding of networking / managing IT networks
- An understanding of PHP, Java, MySQL (and SQL), NoSQL
- An understanding of how web work and building sites for adaptive and responsive design
- Interest in Jenkins, Docker and Linux (Ubuntu) and other web server technologies
Do you have our very own Mobile App?
You can apply for this and many other jobs using our Mobile App, just search "YourRecruit IT" in your Apple Store or Google Play!
Due to the amount of CVs we receive we will only be able to contact you if your application is successful. YourRecruit (IT) Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
- Software Development