Daisy Group is looking for a ServiceNow Engineer to take technical ownership of Daisy’s ServiceNow instances.
You will work with the in-house development team, external providers and the business stakeholders to make sure the platform and all integrations continue to meet the business requirements as the business grows and changes. The main tasks will be advising the business analysts and stakeholders on technical decisions, creating and updating technical designs, developing additional functionality, testing changes and deploying change sets.
This is an excellent opportunity to increase your skills on the ServiceNow platform and to be involved in challenging and business changing projects. Daisy Group offers many opportunities for people to learn and expand your skillset to other applications and technologies such as Salesforce, .NET and/or web services.
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for technology and a pragmatic/hands-on attitude and who has preferably some experience in ServiceNow customisation/integration. Having completed at least one integration project in a development role would be beneficial to be considered for the role.
Location: Blackfriars, London
Hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm
- Advice the business analysts, IT Development Manager and the business stakeholder on technical decisions on ServiceNow.
- Work directly with users and business analysts to finalise requirements and translate these into design/application specifications.
- Work with the IT Development Manager to maintain extensive and consistent documentation for all projects and systems.
- Write customisations and write code to a high quality using tools, techniques, test cases and methods as directed by the IT Development Manager.
- Be aware of all ongoing projects and provide support, guidance and administration as necessary.
- Undertake tasks and follow up to make sure they are completed.
- Participate in at least one formal performance evaluation each year.
- Be involved in support and development of Applications throughout the business.
- Actively contribute and build a sense of teamwork and cooperation within your group and with other IT computing staff.
- Keep the Head of Software Development informed of major projects in your area. Give the manager feedback about ongoing issues within the organization and share your concerns as they arise.
- To assist in deployments and updates of business applications, potentially outside business hours where necessary.
- Experience configuring and developing ServiceNow
- Experience with ServiceNow API’s
- Experience as a ServiceNow administrator
- Critical thinker and good communicator
- Full lifecycle development - requirements, design, testing, documentation, implementation and support.
- Problem solving - resourceful in their ability to locate and solve a problem quickly.
- Adaptable/flexible - in supporting current applications or publishing new release outside of business hours and during weekends.
- Collaborative coordination and accurate time management.
- Capacity to work under pressure while observing high quality standards
- HTML/Web Design experience
- ServiceNow Certified
- C# or any other programming language
- Web Services
Daisy Group... About us
When Daisy Group was first established, it had a simple business model, to be an alternative provider of telephone lines and calls for UK-based small and medium-sized businesses.
Well over a decade later and both Daisy and the telecommunications industry are almost unrecognisable. As technology and the different types of communication have advanced, Daisy has continued to evolve to ensure that it is able to offer customers and partners a full suite of IT and telecommunications products and services.
Over the last decade Daisy has developed through a combination of organic and acquisitive growth. With a business-to-business only focus, Daisy now boasts more than 60,000 customers and supplies IT and communications to some of the UK’s best-known organisations.
Daisy provides a range of unified communications and IT services, including connectivity, voice, maintenance, as well as cloud and hosting solutions.
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort.
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
- Holiday entitlement of 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Additional day’s holiday for every year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Company Sick Pay
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eye care Vouchers
- Discounted Medicash Membership
- Monthly reward scheme
- Daisy Deals - Everyone who works at Daisy has the option to take advantage of discounts and savings at over 1,200 retailers.
- Discounts on a range of Daisy products
Why work for Daisy?
It only takes a quick glance inside Daisy to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success.
Whatever our employees do - from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service - their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential.
In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at Daisy. With so many varied roles across 30 sites throughout the UK, and various training and development programmes, the growth opportunities with us are boundless.
So if you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
- Application Development
- Web Design
- ServiceNow Engineer