Junior Service Desk Analyst, Professional Services, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Junior Service Desk Analyst / Graduate required to work for a growing Professional Services firm based in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. You will ideally have a Technical related degree (Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Engineering etc) and will be looking to kick-start your career within IT. Attitude and Enthusiasm will be absolutely key to this role and it will give the successful candidate an excellent introduction to what will hopefully be an amazing career.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role will include but will not be limited to:
- Being the first point of contact for all IT-related support for the firm, ensuring that each support call is dealt with promptly, efficiently and professionally.
- Providing remote (eg. telephone) technical support to the firm's internal users of computer applications and hardware. Current applications include:
o Microsoft Office Suite (2007 / 2016)
o Document Management System (Filesite)
o Time recording systems (DTE Axiom)
o Elite 3E
o Digital dictation (BigHand)
o Workshare compare
o Third party numbering suite (DocX Tools)
o Adobe DC
o Remote Access (VPN, RSA, Citrix, Blackberry)
o Mobile technologies (GOOD)
o Remote desktop screen takeover (VNC)
- Maintaining a troubleshooting tracking log (on our call logging system), ensuring timely resolution of problems.
- Ensuring that emergency and high priority calls that cannot be resolved by first line support staff are escalated in accordance with the agreed procedures, ensuring that service levels are maintained.
- Ensuring that customers are kept aware of progress on their issues.
- Administering the equipment pools with the rest of the team, tracking who has equipment on loan and the due return date, making sure that all equipment is returned in good working order.
- Ensuring that all administrative procedures are followed and maintained at all times, thus ensuring the smooth running of the department.
- Any otherad hocduties as may be required.
Skills and Experience Required
- Good troubleshooting skills, with all-round knowledge of desktop hardware and laptops.
- A willingness to learn IT within a law firm, with all of the unique applications that come with it
- Experience of all core Microsoft Office 2007 products - Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Appreciation for legal IT software (we can provide the details to help prepare you).
- Knowledge of ITIL.
- Customer-focused with a flexible attitude.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of a high pressured, professional services environment.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to see tasks through to completion.
- Logical and calm, able to inspire confidence and credibility.
- High discretion and confidentiality.
This is a great opportunity and salary is dependent upon experience. Apply now for more details.
- Microsoft Office
- Graduate Entry
- Graduate Level
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"