An opportunity has arisen for a Junior Secretary (6 months to 1 years' experience in a similar environment) to join a leading Global Law firm in the Patents department.
They require someone who enjoys the breadth of tasks associated with managing a busy Partner, and a range of Associates. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to build on their skills and works towards promotion to Legal PA. They are looking for someone enthusiastic with an eagerness to learn and develop their knowledge of the Patents practice.
The Junior Legal Secretary will have the following responsibilities:
- To take full control of the partner's inbox and diary, reminding of upcoming meetings and preparing all the necessary paperwork to accompany them
- Someone exceptionally organised who will develop and maintain a robust filing system on behalf of the Partner
- Good working knowledge of MS applications
- Good document skills. This role can be document heavy at times although this can be managed with the effective use of Document Centre and the Real Estate Document Specialist, where appropriate
- Good knowledge of client billing with an interest in building knowledge of client specific billing to assist the team with monthly reporting
- Excellent team player able to prioritise others' work alongside their own when providing group cover
The Junior Legal Secretary will need the following:
- Previous Legal experience.
- Keen interest in Law.
- Good knowledge of microsoft word and excel.
Get in touch now for more information.