Junior Secretary - 6 months FTC
We are recruiting a Junior Secretary to provide general secretarial and admin service as part of the secretarial team to the Group. This is a six months fixed term contract.
This is a role for an individual who thrives on delivering results to a diverse and challenging client group, and who is looking to build a career as part of a leading global law firm.
You will have the skills, knowledge and attributes to work flexibly and autonomously within our fast moving and changing environment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the secretarial team, taking ownership and responsibility to ensure the work is undertaken in the most appropriate way to maximise efficiency;
- Actively engage with the workflow through the hub inbox, directing work through it and taking appropriate work from it in priority order;
- Organising meetings, ensuring rooms and conference facilities, video conference facilities are booked;
- Learn to manage expectations in terms of deadlines and outcome of tasks assigned;
- Organising travel arrangements;
- Learning to organise agendas, presentations and meeting papers;
- Demonstrate flexibility with working practices in line with the business need, especially in times of pressure/ high workload.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to manage time effectively to maximise productivity and efficiency;
- Ability to work well in a team;
- Ability to maintain a high energy level;
- Problem solving ability - applying knowledge, judgment and solutions to problems (analysis, judgment, decision making).
DLA Piper is a global law firm with lawyers located in more than 40 countries throughout the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific. Our global reach ensures that we can help businesses with their legal needs anywhere in the world.
We strive to be the leading global business law firm by delivering quality, service excellence and value to our clients and offering practical and innovative legal solutions to help them succeed. Our clients range from multinational, Global 1000, and Fortune 500 enterprises to emerging companies developing industry-leading technologies, as well as government and public sector bodies.
At DLA Piper we are firmly committed to diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity isn't just about visible differences, it's the unique blend of talents, skills, experiences and perspectives that makes each of us an individual and we know it's crucial to have a culture and environment where those differences are genuinely valued.
We offer exceptional career opportunities to our lawyers, aspiring graduates, and business services professionals in a truly challenging and rewarding environment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"