Junior Scientific Advisor for the Medical team in Novartis Oncology - 12-month Graduate Placement - Novartis
Degree levels: Bachelor's
Location Camberley, Surrey
Working Hours: 35 hours per week
Start date: asap
Degree / relevant disciplines: GRADUATES only: - Pharmacy or Medicine
Are you keen to join a supportive team in cutting edge Medical Oncology?
A global healthcare leader, Novartis Oncology has one of the most exciting product pipelines in the industry today. A channel of innovative medicines brought to life by diverse, talented, performance driven people. Novartis has been certified as one of the Top Employers in the United Kingdom 2018 for the fifth consecutive year and is ranked #3 as one of Fortune's most admired pharmaceutical companies - our 14th year in the top three. At Novartis, creativity and diversity are encouraged, effort is recognised, success is celebrated and people feel valued and listened to.
This is an exciting opportunity for a graduate Pharmacist (who has completed their pre-registration year and is registered with the RPS) or a Doctor who has completed their Foundation year(s) (with full GMC registration) seeking a career within the pharmaceutical industry. Novartis view these opportunities as an investment in future talent.
This is a role within the Medical Oncology Team and would suit an innovative individual who can make the job their own, build their knowledge to become an expert, be proactive in developing and sharing new ideas, make things happen and who is willing to take responsibility for their own work.
The successful candidate will join the Oncology Medical Team and will be responsible for supporting medical activities such as advisory boards, medical education meetings and data generation projects. In addition, they will review promotional materials, produced by the commercial team, to check the scientific integrity of the product claims. The Junior Scientific Advisor will need to review clinical/scientific data and ensure that the information we give to healthcare professionals enables them to understand the benefits and risks of our drugs and make evidence-based decisions for the good of their patients.
Relevant Qualifications and Registrations:
Pharmacy or Medical degree with RPS or GMC registration
Skills - We are looking for an individual who can meet the following criteria:
* Proactivity - taking responsibility and driving projects and activities to a successful conclusion.
* Innovation - looking to innovate or adapt ideas to find better solutions
* Collaboration - working within cross-functional, cross-divisional and occasionally European and Global teams
* Customer focused - delivering projects and activities to internal and external groups, ensuring pro-activity, awareness and responsiveness to their needs
* Results focused - achieving goals and contributing to cross-functional teams
* Change agility - keeping abreast of new data and the changing healthcare environment
* Communication - of complex data to a wide range of professional and lay audiences, adapting their wording and style to suit
* Attention to detail - able to work accurately, efficiently and in an organised manner
* Leadership - having the presence to focus, motivate and lead a team to achieve a shared goal
The successful candidates will benefit from:
- Open door, approachable culture at all levels
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Team oriented atmosphere
- Good work, life balance
- Cutting edge science
- International workforce
- Talent development from within
- Making a difference to patients' lives
Please ensure that you are willing and able to live within commutable distance of the company site before applying. This placement is located in Camberley, Surrey. Guidant is managing the recruitment for this placement at our client's request, therefore we ask that applications are made through our website, please. Please note the Novartis offices will be moving to Whitecity in London late 2019.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Guidant Global is committed to diversity and flexibility in the workplace. If you require any reasonable adjustments to support you during the application process, please mention this at any stage.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'