Junior Safety Consultant
Salary: £ negotiable
Do you want to be the best? If so come and work for the best
- Are you an experienced Safety Consultant or looking to take your next step in to a more senior business focussed role?
- Would you love the opportunity to work with one of the most highly respected engineering and project management consultancies in the world?
- Would you like to work with a business who are a top employer in the UK, have a genuine focus on its staff, their professional development and offer an excellent work life balance?
- Would you like to be an integral part of a team, where your direct input will be pinnacle in shaping and delivering major UK projects?
Our clients are demanding support in a variety of both traditional and pioneering areas, which we provide holistic services, requiring a diverse range of experience with an understanding of Safety Engineering in the broadest sense, whilst increasingly considering Digital Twins, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Big Data Analytics to name a few.
The Safety Capability offer a range of independent and unbiased advice in engineering, technical and strategic advisory services to a wide breadth of markets and clients. We are seeking multiple Safety Engineers/Consultants with an understanding of Safety Critical Systems Engineering which considers both organisational and physical systems, ensuring people, equipment or the environment are not exposed to unnecessary harm. Safety engineering involves use of a diverse range of tools and techniques to identify and assure systems are managed to be as safe as possible.
Our growing team requires individuals who have a willingness to learn and develop new skills and possess professional characteristics including:
• Self-motivation and enthusiasm;
• Confidence, a good team worker and trustworthy; and
• Good inter-personal skills.
You will have a fantastic opportunity for career development, ability to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK and the globe.
You will be working with our clients to deliver the leading edge of Safety Critical Systems Engineering. We provide a range of independent and unbiased advice in safety engineering to a wide range of markets and clients. These roles require a diverse range of professionals with an understanding of safety management in the broadest sense.
Prime responsibilities for the role may include:
• Generating safety management information in support of organisational or product systems or as an input to bid proposals/tender responses;
• Develop and maintain safety management plans and safety management reports;
• Undertaking safety assessments of design and influencing design through safety considerations;
• Developing and maintaining Hazard Logs;
• Developing Safety Arguments, including Claims, Argument Evidence (CAE) and/or Goal Structuring Notation (GSN)
• Safety Case preparation;
• Supporting Safety Committees, and Project panels.
Skills / Qualifications
• Willingness to learn and ability to diversify across multiple projects and domains.
• Confident communicator with proven inter-personal skills, able to adapt, manage potential ambiguity and deliver under challenging situations;
• An understanding of Safety Management principles and processes such as Safety Management Systems and Plans;
Ideally, but not essential, the candidate should have experience in the following, although with a growing capability, on the job training and personal development will be provided:
• Experienced in working with clients to provide Safety Management advice and guidance;
• Developing risk assessments; participating in Hazard Identification meetings/techniques, e.g. ZHA, HAZOPs;
• Understanding of the ALARP principle and developing safety arguments;
• Previous experience of safety management, in defence or other high hazard industries, including an understanding of the application of applicable standards and regulation;
• Interest in safety management matters through membership of professional bodies;
• HNC/HND/Degree level in an engineering or appropriate science discipline or practical engineering/science experience;
• Aspiration or working towards Chartered Engineer or equivalent.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'