We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
We are looking for a Junior Risk Analyst to support the Risk Framework Team in developing and maintaining the M&G Risk Appetite Statement, Risk Framework, and the supporting Operational Risk Policy and Standards. This will include providing focused risk sessions and training to the business and developing and maintaining an intranet site to host information.
Operational Risk & Governance is responsible for risk oversight of M&G, seeking to ensure that the company manages risks in accordance with the expectations of its clients, shareholder and regulators. The team works closely with M&G Executive, Management across the Business and Prudential Group Head Office Risk.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Assisting with the maintaining of key risk documents for the M&G Group, including the Risk Appetite Statement, Risk Framework, Operational Risk Policy and Operational Risk Standards to ensure these meet the needs of M&G and the requirements defined by Prudential Group Head Office.
• Developing an awareness of industry trends, best practice and regulatory developments and assisting with the enhancement of key risk documentation to align to these.
• Assisting with the development and delivering of risk training and awareness to the business on an ongoing basis, including providing input into any Prudential Group Head Office risk training initiative/academy and aligning M&G training where appropriate.
• Assisting with the development and delivering of Risk Leader Sessions and Focused Risk Workshops to Executive and the business.
• Assisting with the preparation of responses to regular or ad hoc reporting requests from external parties, including Client or other Stakeholder Requests for Information. Seeking to improve the Requests for Information process across the Risk Teams.
• Assisting with input into key documentation requiring links to the Risk Framework including the M&G ICAAP, AAF and RMPs.
• Liaising with other areas within M&G and across Prudential to assist in developing a co-ordinated approach to risk documentation (e.g. Compliance).
• Building constructive and supportive working relationships with the wider risk team and other second line functions across the business.
What we are looking for:
You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Being client focused, and forward looking, with the intention to add value, is essential for this role. You will have a curious nature and will continually look to seek out improvements. A strong drive is important, as well as being committed to achieving results and delivering on time. You will possess excellent relationship development skills. Proven experience of operational risk within financial services, preferably within Asset Management business is desirable. A relevant professional qualification would also be beneficial, (e.g. IRM Diploma in Risk Mgt, ACA, CIMA, ACCA, IIA).
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job