Junior Quantity Surveyor
Due to further growth Workstream are looking for a Graduate or Junior Quantity Surveyor to join our client based in Poole.
As a Junior Quantity Surveyor you will work alongside a full qualified and experienced Quantity Surveyor to develop your experience and learn valuable skills. You will from time to time be required to carry out general office duties including answering phones and administrative tasks.
Ideally our client is looking for an individual who already has experience working within construction / steel deck flooring systems sector to be able to understand the role and type of work, but they would also be interested in talking to candidates who have a particular interest within the sector and would be moving from another area of the industry. The client is also open to looking for candidates that have a degree within Quantity Surveying and are looking for a kick start in their career.
You will be working alongside a Quantity Surveyor to help support and develop yourself within the role. This role will be an office based role with site visits / travel required as and when the workload requires In return our client can offer a competitive salary and package, the chance for career progression and development and the opportunity to join a growing and developing business.
- Price/forecast the cost of the different materials needed for the project
- Prepare tender documents, contracts, budgets, bills of quantities and other documentation
- Track changes to the design and/or construction work and adjusting budget projections accordingly
- Procure or agree the services of contractors and / or subcontractors who work on the construction of the project
- Measure and value the work done on site
- Pay subcontractors
- Liaise with the client and other construction professionals, such as site managers, project managers and site engineers
- Select and/or source construction materials
- Write reports
- Highly attentive to detail
- A good arithmetic sense, with excellent written English, backed up with suitable qualifications and / or experience
- 28 days Holiday Allowance (inclusive of Bank Holidays)
- Company Pension Contribution
- Private Medical Insurance
- Career Progression
- Training and Skills Development Programme
- Employee Rewards & Benefits Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Ongoing office-based training will be provided for all technical aspects of the role to further develop the successful candidate. This is intended to be a personal development career position with the opportunity to progress further within the Company.
In the first instance we would welcome applications by email, to including an up to date CV, showing current address, and salary expectations.
Workstream welcomes job applications from all suitably qualified candidates. We regret, however, that we are unable to offer employment to anyone without documented proof of their right to live and work in the EU/EEA.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'