Junior Quality Technician
Location: Tonbridge, Kent / Staplehurst, Kent
Salary: £18K - £21K per Annum DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 42.5 hours per week
Due to continued growth and expansion Magnetic Shields are now currently recruiting for a Junior Quality Technician to join their expanding team
This is a hands-on role and an ideal opportunity for a candidate seeking a career within an engineering quality environment.
Key Tasks/Duties of this role:
- Final inspection of sheet metal & machined components to drawings manufactured in our engineering plant.
- Inspection of incoming raw materials and sub-contract operations.
- In-process inspection of parts
- Record control handling
- Calibration of measuring equipment
- Creation of key dimensional reports & FAI reports
- Raising internal and external non-conformance investigations
- Responsible for subsequent corrective and preventative actions of non-conformance
- Assisting with ISO 9001 management system duties
- Meeting production deadlines for orders.
- Ensuring suppliers meet quality expectations.
Within this role you will be responsible learning all aspects of inspection and quality related process within a fine limit sheet metal engineering environment. Your duties will include assisting the inspection department in all aspects of quality administration whilst receiving on the job training.
- Organisational and decision making skills
- Proficient IT skills
- Team player possessing good inter-personal skills with the ability to communicate to staff at all levels.
- Possess a fine attention to detail
- Punctual and willing to learn
- Previous engineering/sheet metal experience.
- Experience/understanding of technical drawings
- Understanding of ISO 9001 management systems
Magnetic Shields are leading specialists in the manufacture of bespoke magnetic shielding. Established for over 50 years, our experience and expertise allow us to adapt to the changing market and provide high quality, complex shielding solutions for emerging applications.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
- Quality Control
- Quality Technician