Job Title: Junior Project Support and Testing Analyst
Location: Newport (driving license and car required)
Salary: £18,500 - £22,500
Purpose of the role:
Working within a fast-moving professional services environment and a team of 26. You will be part of the project team, delivering process and software support and enhancements. Occasionally a small amount of travel may be required.
Specific duties include:
- Plan and perform manual tests of websites, Apps and spreadsheets.
- Working with third parties, attending meetings and tracking defects.
- Undertaking general support or project work.
- Providing technical software support to our client managers and customers when necessary through face to face, email and telephone.
- Work with Partners who are remote to the main office requiring taking careful instructions over the phone.
- Ensuring that work is organised and prioritised correctly so that target dates are met.
- Sharing ideas and making recommendations to improve new and existing products. Contribute to group discussions.
- Creating functional specifications as required.
- Support the IT team and obtain an understanding of the business systems by studying current practices; support the design process, testing and supporting implementation modifications to enhance accuracy\save process time.
Skills and experience required:
Nice to have:
- Software testing experience across a range of technology areas in application development.
- Experience within a software development environment working with analysts and developers.
- Understand the importance and work with the requirements of the Data Protection Act.
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to understand and converse using technical terminology and explain concepts to others in simple language.
- IT skills - an excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Have a passion for IT systems and software.
- Proven ability of providing product or customer support within an office-based environment.
- Self-sufficient, flexible and a good team player.
- Experience of working within an environment focused on following processes and supporting process improvements through to change.
- Creative with a logical and methodical approach to problem solving and a strong attention to detail being able to deliver right first-first-time results quickly.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain issues clearly and simply both orally and in writing.
- Telephone skills - excellent professional telephone manner essential.
- Have a positive attitude and enthusiasm.
- Quick to learn.