We are GAME.
We're all about building the most valuable community of gamers out there, bringing them latest games, exclusive editions, and hottest consoles to the UK. We're the UK's No.1 high-street videogames retailer for a reason - and we're looking for someone special to join us.
Think you're up for the challenge?
What you'll be doing
We're looking for Junior Project Manager to join our team in Basingstoke. As part of our Product Development team, your key responsibilities will include:
- A vital part of the role is overseeing projects and escalating risks/blockers up the chain as necessary.
- Deliver output in Projects and Workstreams within self-contained, or larger Projects (primary focus is small and continuous change, for example adding new functionality to website or it could be the implementation of new technology).
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals, deliverables and success criteria
- Deliver project outcomes to meet the defined success criteria
- Maintain processes to ensure project management documentation, reports and plans are relevant, appropriate to the complexity, accurate and complete.
- Lead the development of project plans to identify project tasks, deliverables, milestones, and resourcing requirements
- Management of sprint refinement, planning and development delivery
- Ensure project control documentation is in place
- Experience working in a project delivery function, potentially as a PMO, project administrator, project coordinator in a commercial business.
- An awareness of project manager competences and demonstrable knowledge of project management principles, tools and techniques leading to successful project delivery
- Understanding of project delivery and quality gate acceptance processes within a fast paced, agile business environment
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrating proficiency in Microsoft Office / Jira / Sharepoint
- Experience with specific project management methodologies such as Scrum and Agile
Bonus points for:
- A 'foundation' Project management certification e.g. PMP, APMP, APMPQ, CPM, Prince 2 or equivalent.
- Knowing project management methodology is a must (evidence / experienced based is acceptable)
Knowing your stuff. Genuinely passionate and excited about what you do, you're a team player with an interest in gaming and experience in a similar field.
We've got a lot to offer
What's in it for you? Plenty. We offer our team a pretty nice package of perks (even if we do say so ourselves), including:
- Fantastic opportunities for development and promotion
- Awesome staff discounts on the latest games, consoles, tech, and more
- Matched pension contributions
- A generous benefits package
...and much, much more!
Not a bad deal, huh?
You'll be joining our Product Development team in Basingstoke. With a cool chillout zone featuring some of the hottest console games, awesome tournaments, clubs and competitions - from football and foosball to bake-offs - there's plenty to get involved with. Our on-site Bistro offers special themed days throughout the year.
We've even been known to have beer o' clock Fridays, free pizza lunches, and enough sweets to keep the whole office buzzing. It all adds up to one amazing, vibrant place to work with one of the most exciting company cultures you'll ever experience.
Sounds amazing, right?
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job