Our Procurement Department is now seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and highly organised Junior Project Manager to join their team.
This fast-paced role offers an excellent opportunity to hit the ground running, working on some exciting projects from the get-go. Working within the Procurement team, you will handle a range of detailed and interesting projects. This position offers on-the-job training and experience, along with the opportunity to take on new areas of responsibility very quickly.
What will you do?
- Managing, coordinating and overseeing projects from requisition
- Managing costs and budget planning
- Managing the tender process
- Managing and maintaining supplier relationships
- Preparing summaries, overviews and project status documents for senior management personnel
- Contract management
- Developing items and managing the full procurement lifecycle
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders and acting as an ambassador for Lidl when dealing with third parties
- Analysing business processes, generating new ideas and constantly looking to improve efficiency
- Ad hoc project based admin tasks
What will you need?
- Strong academic background with a minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline
- No specific technical knowledge is required as full training will be given on the job
- Knowledge of the retail sector would be beneficial
- An excellent communicator, effective negotiator and confident presenter (able to present and propose projects/ideas to Board level employees)
- Proven project management experience
- Detail orientated and able to manage conflicting deadlines
- Willing to travel both nationally and internationally including occasional overnight stays
- Strong knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Category management experience in either a Buying or Procurement-related field would be beneficial
- CIPS certification is desirable but not essential
- German language is desirable but not essential
- A full driving license is required
What do we offer?
- £30,000 - £40,000 (subject to experience)
- 10% London Weighting (non-contractual) for employees working within the M25
- 35 days holiday per annum (including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"