Our client is a company formed by UK based and international cancer and healthcare specialists, with a world renowned Board demonstrating global experience in the field of oncology and life sciences.
With clear vision and available capital to build and operate state of the art Proton Therapy Cancer Centres in national and international markets, our client has partnered with class-leading providers, such as Philips and IBA, which will equip all the new centres to the highest specifications. Building upon the UK’s reputation for clinical excellence and through academic affiliations the Proton Beam Therapy centres will become hubs of excellence for advanced cancer treatment.
Cancer care in the UK will soon be transformed with the provision of Proton Beam Therapy treatment.
Patients will be able to take advantage of highly specialised treatment at the first Proton Beam centres to be built in the UK - in Wales, Northumberland, Thames Valley and Liverpool
Our client has started the process to build the treatment centres to address the growing global demand for innovative cancer care.
In addition to High Energy Proton Beam Therapy, all of the centres will also offer a comprehensive cancer service offering diagnostics, chemotherapy and radiation therapy and will treat NHS patients, private patients under medical insurance and self-pay patients.
The purpose of the Junior Project Manager is to provide support to programme and project activity, with a particular focus on the construction of facilities at our UK sites Liverpool or Birmigham (East Midlands).
Construction Programe and Project Support
- Provide administrative support to the Project managers
- Deputise for the Project manager(s) in their absence
- Liaison with the local authority and other specified organisations as specifically directed and on behalf of the Programme Manager, to facilitate the processing of planning applications.
- Arranging programme and/or project meetings & workshops, taking comprehensive meeting minutes
- Recording and implementing lessons learned.
- Maintain project plans, compiling status reports, change reports, and summaries for the programme and each project; log, maintain and analyse information on the progress of the projects using MS Project, and assess and update the related impacts on the programme.
- Run the Risk and Issues (RAID) process for allocated projects; assisting with the maintenance and running of the programme Risk and Issue (RAID) process;
- Utilise the change management process for modification or requirements or scope on the programme and projects; and contribute to the Programme’s internal Quality Assurance systems.
Reporting and Communications.
- Capture and compile routine reports and returns.
Management Rhythm and Boards.
- Support programme and project boards with specific responsibility for providing financial and risk reports along with maintaining files and other sources of information.
- Provide secretarial support to meetings as nominated.
- Undertake version, configuration, and classification control of project documents,
- Update the change log and communicate changes to relevant stakeholders,
- Maintain programme and project documentation.
Place of Work
You will be required to manage your time between offices Newport/Liverpool/Birmingham and attending the construction project sites when required by the Project Managers, whilst having the flexibility to work out of one of the other locations listed for a few days at a time if required. Reasonable expenses and travel will be paid in line with the Company’s Expenses Policy. Substantial travel required.
Person Specification - Essential Requirements
* Must have Full UK Driving LIcence and access to your own vehicle
Qualifications and registration
- 5 GCSEs grade A-C (or equivalent), including Mathematics and English.
- APM-Project Foundations Qualification (PFQ) or equivalent. (training will be provided to support the attainment of this).
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) site visitor card holder, (training will be provided to support the attainment of this).
Must have a proven track record of organisational and administrative skills, demonstrating:
- Construction based
- Effective planning and time management
- Problem solving and attention to detail
- Ability to manage financial information
- Ability to multitask
- Being able to prioritise workload and work under own initiative
- Being able to take on tasks with minimal supervision.
- Able to work with external / internal contacts on all levels.
- An awareness of Health & Safety duties in the work place.
- An awareness of Data Protection and working with confidential information.
A thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Training to use video-conferencing, MS Project and SharePoint will be provided.
- Ability to organise and facilitate meetings and record accurate minutes for distribution in a timely manner
- Ability to act and represent the company in a professional manner
- Able to work well individually and as part of a close team,
- Good interpersonal and communication skills,
- Capable of working at various locations or sites as required,
- Hold a valid UK driving license,
- Willing to learn and develop in the role.
- Administrative Support
- Construction Industry
- Minute Taking
- Project Coordination
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job