Interested in project management graduate jobs and have strong analytical and technical skills? This Junior Project Engineer job in Cornwall could be perfect for you! In this new role, you'd be joining a well-established business - who are the UK's leading dairy food company and a globally recognised FMCG company.
In this Junior Project Engineer graduate job, you will be joining a dairy food company whose products include household-name brands like Clover, Cathedral City, Utterly Butterly and Country Life. A market-leader in the FMCG sector, they have multiple UK offices as well as a network of 350+ British dairy farmers. With some of the best-known products on supermarket shelves, they are one of the best-known businesses in the food industry - so if you want to join their Cornwall team, apply today.
In this Junior Project Engineer graduate job, you will be supporting a dedicated project team in delivering a 4 to 5 year capital investment programme worth £75million. Working closely with in-house project teams, you'll be liaisng with contractors and consultants to develop, co-ordinate and manage capital project activities. You'll need to have be technically-minded with an organised and business-savvy approach - as you'll be working to implement and monitor engineering best practices and ultimately deliver the programme on-time and to budget.
In this Junior Project Engineer graduate job, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing contractors and third party contracts to ensure the best project delivery
- Monitoring engineering capital projects and delivering them within time and financial constraints
- Being aware of new technologies and identifying where to apply such technology for the benefit of the business
- Implementing and monitoring engineering best practices, including asset care and improvement programs in project design
- Ensuring that all statutory requirements are met and that audits / accreditations are achieved against all relevant legislative standards to improve Health and Safety standards
So, what are we looking for?
- A 2.1 from a good university, in a process / chemical / construction engineering subject
- Ideally, some experience or knowledge of the dairy or FMCG industry
- Someone who is technically-minded
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A high level of personal and professional commitment to both the company and each project
- A desire to learn and to take responsibility for his or her personal development
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- A creative thinker
- Someone who is able to present ideas in a practical and pragmatic style
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team with other interested parties (e.g. contractors) to overcome obstacles
- A good decision-maker
- Someone who strives for high standards, seeks innovative solutions, drives continuous improvement and demonstrates a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Proven budgetary control skills and good IT literacy
What else is on offer?
- A competitive starting salary of between £24,000 - £27,000, plus up to 5% bonus potential
- The chance to work for a globally recognised FMCG company
- The opportunity to work closely with senior members of staff and learn from their expertise
- A generous 25 days holiday per year + 8 bank holidays
- Death in service
- Pension contribution - at a ratio of 1:1.25% with a maximum of 8% from the employee
- Discounted branded Dairy Crest products
- Free on-site car parking
- Subsidised staff restaurant
Looking for junior project management graduate jobs in Cornwall and want to join one of the best-known FMCG companies? If you're a technical graduate with an adaptable and ambitious approach apply for this Junior Project Engineer job in Cornwall today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'