Inside Out Purchasing and Supply has been engaged by our Bedfordshire based client to recruit for a Junior Project Buyer.
The Junior Project Buyer will be a key facilitator of relevant key projects, as part of the busy procurement function following design conception through to completion and delivery of the tangible 'product' to the client.
* Handling new and repeat enquiries, placing orders, negotiating optimum prices and lead-times.
* Facilitating out-sourced projects including prototyping, production and logistics.
* Planning work throughput, responding to and controlling change to ensure appropriate prioritisation of tasks.
* Maintaining financial control of all projects within the field of responsibility and interfacing with the Company's financial reporting system.
* Ensuring appropriate quality assurance is maintained at all stages of the supply chain. Planning and arranging on-site supervision of work in progress, where necessary.
* Working with the Project Buyers for new supplier selection, development and performance initiatives on a world-wide basis.
Experience and Qualifications
* A minimum of 2 years' experience within the buying/supply function of a medium tech' manufacturing industry.
* Business related degree, HND in Business and Finance or equivalent.
* Aspiration to undertake CIPS post graduate diploma up to level 4.
* Some experience of handling both domestic and over-seas suppliers. Some experience in the Far Eastern supply market would be a distinct advantage.
* Knowledge of Export/Import processes, documentation and all modes of transport
- Supply Chain