On behalf of a global specialist manufacturer, we seek a motivated individual looking to progress their career within a world class company. Due to our clients continued success with new business and growth in the sector, an opportunity exists for a talented individual to join a planning team.
In this role, you will be expected to be involved in the pre-production (planning) stage as well as the production (control and supervision) stage. This is initially a training and development opportunity and whilst you may not have the experience right now, we are looking for someone that has great excel skills, aptitude to learn, endless drive and enthusiasm to help them grow into a more senior role. Training will be provided as part of the development.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with Production Planner to ensure schedules meet customer and stock requirements at min inventory
- Responsible for reviewing schedules (production and suppliers) with Operations Manager to ensure that production process is capable of meeting customer and stock requirements and determine a recovery schedule.
- Responsible for building strong relationship channels with Customer Accounts Manager's Team regarding stock availability, lead times and capacity and keep fully informed of supplier problems affecting existing and new orders.
- Responsible for changing production plans according to customer requirements against scheduled work v. lead time commitment and stock requirements against usage and current status
- Provide lead-times for customer enquires based current and future work loads
- Ensure new customer packages and product engineering are planned into the production schedule
- Continuously review production requirements against material and component stock and take action regarding supplier orders and rejected parts (inspection or production)
- Responsible for control and accuracy of documentation and computer data including advising documentation errors, ensuring computer data is accurate and up to date
- Issue Daily/Weekly work-to-lists for all relevant departments
- Monitoring the production processes and adjusting schedules as needed
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed
- Create and update reporting as and when required by management
- Provide effective customer support by answering telephone calls or emails when required
Training & Education Required:
- A-C GCSE Level or equivalent in English and Maths;
- Excellent Excel Skills
- Desirable but not essential experience: Health & Safety, First Aid and/or Fire Marshall training
Personal Skills & Experience Required:
- Comfortable and experienced in communicating via telephone and email
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Products & IT proficiency with the ability to input and retrieve data
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships with clients, suppliers, immediate team members and other production teams
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Accepts responsibility for maintaining skill set, participates in meetings & training, completes all certifications
- Arrives to work on time, is dependable, follows department lunch & break guidelines
- Team Player who proactively helps others with projects & backlog
- Takes complete ownership of areas of responsibility
- Takes a proactive role in exceeding customers' expectations, no fail attitude
- Joins in with company culture, gets involved in team and corporate initiatives
Working Hours: Mon-Thurs: 8:00am - 4:45pm, Fri: 8:00am - 12:30pm
Flexibility to work additional hours when required
gap professional are operating as an employment agency on behalf of its client. gap professional are committed to the selection, recruitment and development of the best people, basing judgements solely on suitability for the job. Whilst we endeavour to respond to all applications individually, due to high volumes, this is not always possible. Thank you for your interest in this role and we look forward to working with you in the future.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'