This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very successful retail business as a Junior Product Developer working across the equipment category. The company is expanding rapidly as a result of its success to date and if you would like the opportunity to bring your passion for design and product development to a place where you can make your mark and develop your career then this could be the right opportunity for you.
As the Junior Product Developer, you will be responsible for the development of own-brand product. Working alongside the Senior Product Developer and Buying team, the key purpose of this role is to support with the continuous improvement of product from a technical and commercial perspective, ensuring that quality is maintained and compliance legislation is adhered to. Improving retail sales and margin improvement is the key objective of this role.
About my client…
- A leading high-street retail brand with a phenomenal sales performance.
- They are forward thinking, dynamic and fast-paced with a great product offering and a huge passion for product.
- They are a very well-known and established brand who continue to open more and more stores, year on year.
- They are extremely good at promoting from within and are a place where you can really develop a successful career.
- Working closely with the Senior Product Developer to ensure that product is developed to brief and to margin.
- Assisting the setting up of specs and tech packs for all product areas.
- Working alongside the merchandising team, maintain the critical path for all orders.
- Checking invoices
- Liaising with factories to ensure all licence product documentation is completed correctly and on time.
- Ensure product quality is kept up to standard.
- Responsible for specific product categories
- Providing support for the Product Developer to ensure that factories follow company supplier guidelines.
- To work alongside the factory for testing and for care label development and approval.
- Sample product in line with the Sourcing Strategy and provide samples and costings.
- Approve factory lab dips and AQLs.
- Approve PP’s and gold seal product.
- Liaise with the warehouse and review any return samples.
- Ensure product compliance.
- Competitor price tracking
- Checking and approval of AQL reports
- PLM support
- Liaising with merchandising on order tracking and order placement
- Previous experience within a similar role is advantageous.
- University degree within Product Development/Design is desirable.
- Retail experience is highly advantageous.
- PC literate.
- The ability to work across a number of projects at any one time.
- You’ll be a team player and a strong communicator, both written and verbally.
- £21,500 per annum
- 28 days holiday inc. bank holidays increasing to 33 days with length of service
- Pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- Company discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site car parking