This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very successful retail business as a Junior Product Developer working across the clothing category. The company is expanding rapidly as a result of its success to date and if you would like the opportunity to bring your passion for design and product development to a place where you can make your mark and develop your career then this could be the right opportunity for you.
Working alongside the Senior Product Developer, Designer and Buying team, the key purpose of this role is to support with the continuous improvement of product from a technical and commercial perspective, ensuring that quality is maintained and compliance legislation is adhered to. Improving retail sales and margin improvement is the key objective of this role.
About my client…
- A leading high-street retail brand with a phenomenal sales performance.
- They are forward thinking, dynamic and fast-paced with a great product offering and a huge passion for product.
- They are a very well-known and established brand who continue to open more and more stores, year on year.
- They are extremely good at promoting from within and are a place where you can really develop a successful career.
- Assisting the setting up of size specs/blocks & graded size specs for all product areas.
- Issuing size specs for development and production to factories and suppliers to ensure continuity and consistency across the board.
- To inspect and measure garments (proto samples through to production).
- Assist in fit meetings, ensuring that technical packs / fit comments are sent to suppliers and factories without any delay.
- Working alongside the merchandising team, helping maintain the critical path for all orders.
- Ensure product quality is kept up to standard.
- Providing support for the Product Developer to ensure that factories follow company supplier guidelines.
- To work alongside the factory for fabric testing and for care label development & approval.
- Sample product in line with the Sourcing Strategy Approve factory lab dips and fabric testing.
- Approve PP’s, AQLs and gold seal product.
- Checking factory invoices
- Liaise with merchandising on order placement - checking orders and liaising with factories on all orders
- Approve lab-dips and strike offs with the design and buying team.
- Work with the warehouse and review any returned samples.
- Ensure product compliance.
- Visit the warehouse trips to liaise with the QA team
- PLM support
- Develop the accessories range for a key brand - managing the entire process
- Previous experience within a similar role is advantageous.
- University degree within Product Development/Design is desirable.
- Retail experience is highly advantageous.
- PC literate.
- The ability to work across a number of projects at any one time.
- You’ll be a team player and a strong communicator, both written and verbally.
- £21,500 per annum
- 28 days holiday inc. bank holidays increasing to 33 days with length of service
- Pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- Company discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site car parking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job