You have a 20-year part that’s been made the same way for years.., but you suspect it could be improved. How do you react?
Do as you’re told? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it? No… That’s not you, and that’s good! Because we don’t want a yes-person; we want an inquisitive person. We’re looking for an engineering graduate with an investigative mindset and an engineering brain, which we want to flourish.
As a junior engineer, you’ll be like a kid in a sweet shop with the world at your feet: a variety of projects, modern technology, and a stable position within a growing business offering excellent career progression opportunities.
We love our work and are proud of our culture: we don’t play the blame game or name and shame; our staff collaborate, support, and influence. Our Talent Management Programme works: we have a former Planner who is now a Project Manager in charge of some 85% of the company’s projects.
With more than 250 employees, we’re a company that cares and is going places - targeting £50m turnover by 2020. How about joining our journey?
Your Role - as a Process Engineer / Expeditor / Project Planner:
- Assisting the development and industrialisation of new product development and manufacture
- Analysing processes, logging data, and reporting issues and technical requirements
- Bringing people into projects and expediting projects through the development phase
- Introducing new machinery and processes to the shop floor
The Key Requirements:
- At least one year’s industry experience - a sandwich year placement is okay - relevant to manufacturing, production, and/or aerospace
- An engineering degree
- Enthusiasm to learn and pick up new processes quickly; you must be someone who’s inquisitive and willing to 'muck in’
- A collaborative influence on the shop floor - a good communicator who can understand instructions and then engage and influence
Your working hours will be 8am to 4pm from Monday to Thursday inclusive and 8am to 1pm on Fridays.
For a typical project, you’ll report to NPDI management and join a dedicated team of some five colleagues.
Based in Sheffield, we’re within reach of employees who live in Nottingham, Leeds and Hull. We will consider candidates who would be happy to relocate for this position.
Sheffield is a vibrant city packed with music, restaurants, nightlife, sport, and shopping. If you need a breather or enjoy the quiet life, the Peak District is close by.
Access to your own vehicle would be convenient for ad-hoc client visits. At least once every quarter you will have the opportunity to travel away for a few days - sometimes overseas, to Europe or the USA.
- Annual salary of between £24,000 and £26,000 based on experience
- Annual bonus of scheme
- Pension (5%)
- Life Assurance (4x)
- 25 days’ holiday each year; this can be broken down into hours if necessary
- 13 week’s full pay, for sick leave, if required
We will be interviewing for this position in January, so please apply now to register your interest.
Please include a cover letter, explaining why you feel this opportunity, in particular, interests you. Also, provide a specific example of when you and your work has had a positive, tangible impact within an engineering industry context.
A Bit More About Us:
The company is a leading supplier of civil exhaust systems to the aerospace market. We specialise in superplastic forming, hydro-bulging and hot forming processes, producing complex structural assemblies and manufacturing fully assembled engine build ready components.
Originally founded in 1778, our work spans civil and military exhaust assemblies; machined engine casings from cast and forged materials; erosion shields - rotating blades, air intake ducts and fixed composite guide vanes; structural airframe assemblies and ducting; engine and exhaust rings and ring assemblies; fabricated and machined engine casings; noise attenuators; and air by-pass ducts and firewalls.
- Chemical Engineering