Junior PR & Partnership Manager
We currently have an exciting role for a full time Junior PR & Partnership Manager within our Marketing Team. The successful candidate will work closely with the Senior Marketing Communications Manager to drive and achieve Explore’s PR & Partnership objectives, in accordance with business priorities. Using all forms of media and communication, the role will help manage the reputation and growing external awareness of the brand by communicating key messages and driving PR campaigns to achieve media cut through. It will also help negotiate partnerships with third party brands to increase reach and grow our customer database.
Explore have been running small group adventure holidays since 1981. We are passionate about what we do and we love to travel. Our experience and knowledge make us one of the most trusted tour operators in the UK. We have over 500 small group trips in 120 countries (including Family Adventures, Cycling & Walking), plus self-guided programmes; so a product range that is second to none in the industry.
Our wide range of activities and experiences, award-winning Tour Leaders, a commitment to responsible travel and a pinch of Explore spirit, keep our customers coming back year after year.
Explore has been a part of the Hotelplan UK group of specialist travel companies since December 2015. We operate as a totally standalone business, but also work closely with our sister companies wherever possible. Other brands within the Hotelplan UK group are Inghams, Esprit, Ski Total, Santa’s Lapland and Inntravel.
As part of this role you would be expected to
- Responsible for the day-to-day implementation of all PR activity for Explore, aligned to the content and campaign calendar
- To respond to all incoming media enquiries in a timely and informative manner
- To confidently prepare regular and accurate newsworthy press releases and 'snippets’ - researching facts and information from around the company, checking product availability, prices, dates and points of interest - reacting to the latest trends and trading priorities
- Develop excellent digital media relationships with a view to driving the brand message and positive reputation into new media / influencer opportunities and work to get high domain backlinks
- To support in times of an issue/crisis. To be confident drafting media statements, monitoring or dissemination of information. Note this will require being on call out of hours on rotation with the Senior Marketing Communications Manager
- To build strong relationships with key journalists to ensure opportunities for media coverage are maximised
- To report on Explore’s PR activity to the business, continually seeking the most efficient ways to measure and improve on effectiveness
- To develop and maintain the online press centre and keep it updated on a regular basis, ensuring all releases are posted, news items relevant, images fresh etc.
- To work with the Senior Marketing Communications Manager to manage Explore’s press trip programme, ensuring that effective and sizeable features appear in key target media, in accordance with business priorities
- Working with the Senior Marketing Communications Manager to attend, organise and host media events
- To liaise with Trade and Distribution teams to supply press releases to trade and overseas GSAs and partners where applicable, and via your team deliver any communications pieces as required.
- Working with Senior Marketing Communications Manager to seek out brand ambassadors, influencers and media partnership opportunities and build relationships with industry partner
- Working with Senior Marketing Communications Manager to help secure funding from tourist boards and partners for marketing campaigns where they meet business objectives and are an efficient use of Explore resource (including human).
- To manage PR budget and ensure accurate forecasting and spend throughout the year
- To manage the partnership programme and secure new partners to meet business requirements
- To oversee the creation of all Explore marketing activity to support partnerships and report results to partners and across the business
- Work with the RB Forum on charity partnerships, and coordinate marketing activity to support these initiatives.
Skills and Experience - Essential
- A strong team player, with a willingness to get 'stuck in’ and support across a wide variety of tasks
- Previous experience in a similar PR role/ marketing communications environment with excellent understanding of the media landscape
- Proven media contacts - particularly in the consumer and travel media arena
- Creative thinker, with the ability to think outside the box and develop innovative solutions to problems
- Experience of crisis management and drafting and issuing crisis statements
- Organised approach to work, with good prioritisation skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines, and remain calm under pressure
- Proficient using Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Confident and competent in establishing & developing relationships with journalists and media partners
- Excellent writing and proof-reading skills and grasp of the English language
- Travel industry experience and/or strong interest in travel
- Excellent attention to detail with a strong desire for accuracy and quality. Proven skills in proof-reading and copy editing
Skills and Experience - Desirable
- Competent using website content management systems
- Experience managing budgets
- GCSE English and Maths Grade C or above.
- Marketing Campaigns
- Marketing Communications
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'