My client is a prestigious Wealth Management firm who have seen rapid expansion in the last year. They are seeking to bring in up to 3 Junior Portfolio Managers to sit with the Portfolio/ Investment Managers and partake in the administrative work with the ultimate goal of managing day to day client relationships. Ultimately, there is a progressive track in place that will see the successful candidates start to get a taste of Portfolio Management within a 2 year period.
- Assist a Portfolio Manager in managing clients’ portfolios in line with agreed investment mandate, benchmarks and restrictions.
- Within each asset class, assist in the recommendation and action any changes to underlying securities and funds in line with appropriate models.
- Be an additional point of contact when the Portfolio Managers are not available or busy and, therefore, to develop a relationship of trust with the clients.
- Handle other administrative duties in a timely manner. This would include client onboarding, client cash flow projections and portfolio analysis, and assist in proposal and client meeting preparation.
- To react to all client related enquiries in a timely manner and maintain a record of responses.
- Execute trades in client portfolios in line with appropriate mandates.
- Check bargains, monitor outstanding deals and report errors.
- To maintain financial spreadsheets for large family groups/individual clients.
- Instruct the transfer team regarding stock transfers between portfolios and from external managers for clients transferring in or out.
- To support a Portfolio Management with the day to day administration
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Willingness to study the CFA Investment Management Certificate and CFA Levels or equivalent FCA approved qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- High level of numeracy
- Intermediate level in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A keen interest and a good basic understanding of the Fund Management industry
- Able to demonstrate and evidence Continued Professional Development
- Demonstrable interest and understanding of equity markets and individual company reporting
- Investment Management
- Portfolio Management
- Wealth Management
- Portfolio Managers
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job