Upshoot is the world’s first search engine that allows people to instantly access the potential and value of houses in the UK.
We are looking for an ambitious and accomplished Junior PHP Developer to play a key role within our recently launched tech company.
Who we are
After years of technical innovation and collaboration with experts in Architecture, Property, Economics and Web development, Upshoot is a ground-breaking online platform and property search engine. Founded by award-winning Architect Adam Tarr and backed by a distinguished board and investors, Upshoot is the first PropTech business of it’s kind.
We strive to not only become the UK’s leading property design, search & delivery platform but to completely disrupt the global property sector through automation, innovation, mapping, design and analytics.
Under the direction of our Senior Full Stack Developer, you will take ownership of the Back-end and utilise your creativity and strong coding capabilities to help develop a world-class product and drive our business forward.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the development process from definition through to design
- Assist with build, testing, release, and maintenance
- Developing high-quality code
- Collaborating with team members across the business, to deliver exciting functionality to the platform
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting problems in PHP
- Research and track advancements in web development and introduce to the team
- Have a creative disposition and aptitude for contemporary design and usability
- Ability to detect problems and provide qualified solutions
- Confident in workshopping ideas and accepting constructive feedback
- Able to work to deadlines and be committed to the greater cause
- Happy to go above and beyond the call of duty and contribute to projects outside the tech remit
- Comfortable in a dynamic startup environment
- Qualified to a degree standard or equivalent
- Desirable: Previous exposure to Agile, PHP framework Laravel, Mobile & 3D coding, JQuery, Ajax, Bootstrap, Vuejs2
What we offer
- A prominent role within a ground-breaking, London tech company
- A highly competitive reward and recognition package
- Generous annual leave offering with 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Access to a brand new, state-of-the-art WeWork office in Tower Bridge with unlimited freshly-roasted coffee, snacks, beer taps, ping pong, fantastic city views with regular events and discounts on offer
- New joiner lunches, birthday celebrations, fortnightly team-cooked lunches, and regular team-building activities
This role is not offered remotely
You must have current UK Working rights to be eligible