Junior PHP Developer - Remote Working - Up to £30,000
Building the next generation of eCommerce platforms and developing bespoke experiences for several of the UK’s biggest eCommerce brands, our client is a national leader across the agency industry. The Candidate are recruiting for a Junior PHP Developer, ideally with some commercial experience in a PHP environment, this is a great opportunity to build your experience whilst learning from industry leaders. Reporting directly into the Lead Mobile App Developer, you will be working closely with the wider development teams including the optimisation teams, full stack developers, design and marketing. Joining a niche product team, you will be given the autonomy from day one to introduce new technology and build greenfield systems of functionality and features into a variety of projects.
As the Junior PHP Developer, you’ll be responsible for the delivery of clean and scalable code in PHP, MySQL and jQuery. It’s not essential that you’re an expert in all these languages but you must be confident using PHP with a vision to learn further languages and frameworks. After a record breaking year for my client in 2020, the agency is set for another year of growth with some really exciting projects in the pipeline. Growing into a more senior role with structured progression, this is a great chance to continue to learn in an agency which includes a modern wider tech stack (Cordova, ionic, Angular, Node, Laravel, Lumen etc). Built on the ideology that creative development and the resolution of technical issue is best served in a collaborative environment, you must be passionate about building relationships with wider business stakeholders.
For the time being, this role will be working on a fully remote basis. When possible, there is the vision that the mobile apps team will have one or two days working in the Manchester City Centre office with the rest of the week on a remote basis.
Key Responsibilities of the Junior PHP Developer:
- Develop industry leading mobile applications alongside the senior developers in the Mobile Applications team.
- Writing clean, robust, elegant, and scalable code in PHP, MySQL and jQuery whilst learning new languages and frameworks for bespoke projects.
- Learn and grow under the mentorship of experienced developers who have shaped the face of eCommerce in the UK.
- Continue your personal development and your learning as you grow into a Mid-Weight role.
- Liaise with agency clients and internal stakeholders to ensure your creations are in line with project requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Knowledgeable across the full development stack with a passion to grow into a role which will allow you to be responsible for the entire development of mobile applications.
- Confident in building systems predominantly in PHP.
- Ideally with commercial experience in a full stack PHP environment but the desire to learn in a modern environment is essential.
- Experience of cross-platform mobile app frameworks and languages
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Up To £30,000
- Unlimited annual leave allowance
- Fully flexible and predominantly remote
- Represent a leading digital agency as they build bespoke experiences for several of the UK’s leading eCommerce brands
- Discount across various brands alongside regular team socials (when possible!)
- Training and development plans with a structured career progression route
If this sounds like the right next step for you, then apply now!
Please note due to high volumes of applications unfortunately we are not always able to respond to all unsuccessful applicants. However we wish everyone who applies the very best with their job search.
- Web App
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'