Our client is one of the three leading logistics providers in Europe with a fleet of over 20,000 vehicles available to carry their Customer’s goods in a fast, efficient, flexible and environmentally-friendly manner all over Europe.
With offices in more than 80 countries and an international network of partners and agents, their client is truly a global player who excels in the global logistics sector with high quality service and an excellent relationship with key suppliers.
As part of their succession planning strategy they are now seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and energetic individual to join their dedicated team of transport professionals at their new office facility in South Killingholme.
Reporting to the Transport Manager / Supervisor, the post holder will join a dynamic team and assist with scheduling a fleet of internal and dedicated contractor vehicles, ensuring that the Company provides an optimum, high quality service to its customers.
Key areas of responsibility for this role will be:
• Ensuring that customer requirements are delivered in a timely, efficient way whilst delivering best value for money
• Route planning for national and international operations using in-house traffic management software
• Managing driver schedules and assisting with directions and route deviation
• Undertaking driver briefings
• Support and develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers
• Liaising with customers and suppliers, addressing and resolving issues as they occur
• Upholding and promoting the Company’s health, safety and compliance procedures
• Holiday / Sickness cover for traffic planners/debrief operators.
• Daily Quality checks - Ensure deliveries/collections/shipment are on schedule.
• Other duties within the Traffic Office as required.
He/ She will have the following skills:
• Strong and concise communication skills, both written and verbal
• Good grammatical and numerical skills
• Fully competent with IT including Microsoft Office applications (Word / Excel / Power point / Outlook) and bespoke traffic management software
The successful candidate will:
• Be organised and accurate with good attention to details
• Be self-motivated and able to work to strict deadlines in a fast paced, customer focused environment
• Be a pro-active problem solver
• Have effective personal time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
• Have recent previous experience within a Transport/Operational environment (desirable).
• Candidates with suitable related experience of working within a transport environment and who are wishing to develop may be considered.
• Have some knowledge of transport systems and regulations with good interpersonal skills and a be genuine team player
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter for this role.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job