Toolstation is one of Britain's fastest growing suppliers of tools, accessories and building supplies to the trade, home improvers and self-builders. With a multi-channel offering, Toolstation customers can buy online, through a dedicated UK call centre, via a mobile website or at one of 280 branches across the UK. We are currently opening 3-4 branches a month.
* Installation and configuration of database servers across two data centres and in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
* Monitoring an estate of 50+ database servers using 3rd party and in-house tools.
* Assist with maintenance of high level of performance, integrity and security and with continual upgrade path.
* Assist with capacity planning - server and AWS instance sizing.
* Schema changes and user administration.
* Backups - archiving and recovery procedures.
* Identifying, investigating and resolving database performance issues.
* Liaising with the development team on maintenance of development environment - daily snapshots, data sanitization, code reviews etc.
* Writing and updating documentation.
* Assist with migration programme moving physical DB instances into AWS.
* 2 years+ knowledge and experience of MySQL Server 5.5 - 5.7
* 2 years+ knowledge of the Linux operating system (especially Ubuntu LTS 14.04 & 16.04)
* Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
Any of the following a benefit:
* Knowledge and/or experience of MySQL database architecture and design, replication, clustering, and high availability.
* Knowledge and experience of InnoDB.
* Knowledge and experience of performance tuning - Queries, indexes, server variables.
* Knowledge and experience in proxy technologies - ProxySQL, Tungsten.
* Linux scripting.
* NoSQL technologies - ElasticSearch, Redis, CouchBase, Mongo DB.
* Percona server
* Percona toolkit
* Solarwinds DPA
* Hexatier (formerly GreenSQL)
* RDS (AWS)
* HP ProLiant DL/BL series
The role will be 40 hours per week working between our office in Bristol Whiteladies Road and our Bridgwater Head Office. The role will include working between Tied On-Call rota (1 week in 3).
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job