Imagine what you could achieve here at Morrisons, our heritage is retail, so working at pace, achieving value and putting the customer first is part of our DNA.
We are looking for a Junior Merchandiser to join the General Merchandise team.The Junior Merchandiser will be responsible for assisting the Merchandiser/Senior Merchandiser in planning, purchasing, intake and distribution of merchandise to maximise sales and margin for the department. The Junior Merchandiser is responsible for given categories including merchandising strategy, intake, stock, sales and profit figures working alongside the buying team and with guidance from the Merchandiser/Senior Merchandiser.
You’ll also be responsible for:
- Developing positive working relationships with all suppliers ensuring fully conversant with all orders passing through the system, working closely with the buying team to ensure an awareness of all orders being propose
- Identifying any opportunities and risk in the supply base, and propose suggestions to Merchandiser/Senior Merchandiser
- Conducting store visits to view stock and obtain direct feedback from customers and store colleagues, highlighting any issues and proposing any ideas to enhance sales at store and company level
- Ensuring a knowledge of the customer profile and trends and relate to relevant size analysis
- Ensure that a competitive and commercial range is delivered to the customer with strong availability
- Working cross functionally take the lead in ensuring the critical path is being accurately kept up to date & adhered to, dealing with any issues accordingly
- Being a role model to all and motivate junior members of the team in order to potentialise their talent through effective management and help them to progress forward in their career
- Effectively manage and delegate tasks in the Merchandiser/Senior Merchandisers absence
- Proactively be involved in the department strategy, helping to plan and build a commercial product range that reflects the General Merchandise strategy, being able to utilise all information from analysis, historical data, market data and future trends
- Delivering a commercial and competitive range for given category whilst ensuring that the brand standards in both quality and value are maintained and sales and profit targets are met
- Presenting to Merchandise/Senior merchandiser a clearly defined merchandising plan and strategy for the given category supported by clear and sound reasoning
- Establishing key working relationships with buying team, stores team, technical team and suppliers and effectively communicating across the team and suppliers on any issues, proposes solutions and updates accordingly
- Accurately and comprehensively prepare any reports for weekly, monthly and seasonal trading meetings
- Raising and preparing range plans for the department with guidance from Merchandiser/Senior Merchandiser, ensuring all updates are done in a timely manner and inputted correctly
- Attending and prepare any additional reports for any meetings as requested, ensuring fully prepared
- Assisting the Merchandiser/Senior merchandiser in working alongside the buying team in operating an effective and timely sign off process in line with the merchandising planning cycle
- Weekly monitoring and evaluation working with the buying team of the performance of the given category against forecasted/targeted figures, constantly reviewing sales, stock levels, and intake, seeking guidance from the Merchandiser/Senior Merchandiser
- Reviewing weekly, monthly and seasonal sales performance and stock volumes for the department and identifying any opportunities and highlight any issues
- Maximising sales and profit for given category through aggressive trading of the area ensuring a clean stock position at the end of the season whilst staying within markdown budget
So that you are set for success, we are looking for a self-starter, who is an exceptional communicator with the ability to influence at all levels. You will work as part of a versatile team with a can-do culture, so it’s important that you are tenacious and strive for excellence. You will also have the following:
- Clear understanding of how to serve Customer needs and requirements
- Commercial acumen - ability to judge the market and maximise sales and profit
- Ability to champion pace, change and simplicity
- Able to deliver increased sales and profit growth through business knowledge and retail experience
- Analytical thinking - manage multiple data sources and make the appropriate decisions for sales, stock, markdown and profit
- Awareness and some experience of pre-season planning to deliver a commercial range with a profitable model
- Awareness and experience of OTB management and in season trade
- Stockflow and stocks in line with targets
- Experience with General Merchandise retailer or supplier
About The Company
At Morrisons we like to do things our own way. We believe in working in partnership with our communities, colleagues, suppliers and British farmers to provide our customers with the freshest food at great value for money. We’re also constantly innovating. We've our own-brand clothing range - Nutmeg.
Nutmeg, which is part of the Morrison’s group, is a family lifestyle brand that launched in 2013 and is now sold in all of our Morrisons stores. Nutmegs aim is to take a fresh approach to clothing by celebrating the joys of childhood through offering our customers good, quality everyday clothes that are affordable, thoughtful and that work better for people’s lives. We want to develop and nurture talent within Nutmeg, where we have a diverse wealth of experience including backgrounds in designer, high street and supermarket clothing. We sincerely hope you will enjoy working and becoming a part of the Nutmeg Team.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'