Junior Merchandiser - Birmingham - Up to £35k. This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced Junior Merchandisers to join a market leading retailer with a great product range and excellent working environment. This is an excellent opportunity for a pro-active Junior Merchandiser with experience in trading and life cycle management with the ability to see the bigger picture.
What does the Junior Merchandiser role involve?
- Mentor and support team members day to day, enabling a motivational atmosphere ensuring overall team success.
- As Junior Merchandiser you will be responsible for taking the category strategy and translating this into a forecast and managing performance to achieve delivery of sales, profit and stock targets, recommending appropriate growth opportunities and actions where required.
- Through a strong understanding of the market place and the customers buying trends, you will be inclusive of this when developing the forward plan, whilst ensuring the delivery of the agreed category strategy.
- By being commercially aware of trading conditions, gathering information from sales, stock forward planning and analysing trading performance, you will make recommendations for adaptations for the plan where necessary, to ensure the successful delivery of sales and profit targets.
- You will be accountable for raising any cause for concern, making sure all stock data and sales are accurate, through managing and continually updating the WSSI data.
- Serving internal stakeholders and maximising supply chain impact through the establishment and maintenance of strong working relationships with Buying, Sales, Distribution and Quality.
- Collaboration with Buying teams in recommendations within Category sku life cycle management and impact on sales and production forecast.
- Ensure the forward plan is fully implemented by collaborating with buying colleagues and suppliers, making recommendations within Category sku life cycle management and impact on sales and production forecast.
Essential Skills and experience required for this Junior Merchandiser role:
- You will be experienced in handling large amounts of data and analysing, being able to draw out a theme and plan of action.
- Be confident in influencing and commercial decision making, with the use of fact and logic.
- Pay high attention to detail and accuracy in the development of your forward plan allowing for flexibility when required.
- Show passion and consideration for the customers needs and reflect this in your plan.
- A strong understanding of a WSSI is essential for this role.
If you are an experienced Junior Merchandiser and looking for your next challenge, please get in touch today!