Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
Vehicle Mechanic: 2 years
Our client, a mechanical based engineering company, have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Mechanic to get involved in the development of self-driving technology. They are growing their team following the launch of their first autonomous car they are looking for dynamic and smart people with a fun and go-getting attitude to advance product development. The production team is key to ensuring products are delivered on time and to a high level of quality. They involve the team in all aspects of the companies' development, especially in product development discussions.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the Head of Production in the assembly of all new cars
- Become proficient in the breakdown and reassembly of Renault based vehicles
- Diagnose malfunctions and inspect all incoming and outgoing vehicles for both safety and performance issues
- Help with good in / out and stocktaking
- Be prepared to travel and visit cars in the field and make in-field repairs to other original Renault parts and company based developed systems
- Accountable for hand tools and shop equipment
- Additional job requirement includes the ability to communicate and think clearly and have a fun and open attitude towards the work and colleagues
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to carry out high quality mechanical assemblies and complete operational checks
- Ability to use basic engineering tools
- Experience in the troubleshooting and repair of vehicle mechanics, electrical systems and bodywork
- Ability to work a non-traditional workweek and perform additional duties as directed by management
- Excellent people skills and focus on superior customer service
- Ability to use basic engineering tools and techniques
- Team player; ability to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with others
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English for a working knowledge of hazardous, safety, and environmental warnings, as per contract requirement
- Working knowledge of all types of motor vehicles
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a vehicle technician
For more information please call Kalum on or send your CV confidentially to .
We will endeavour to respond to your contact/application within 48 hours, but due to the volume of applications we receive on a daily basis, , if you haven't heard from us within 4 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
This advert has been posted by a recruitment agency acting on behalf of a client.
- junior mechanic/ mechanic/ vehicle repair/ vehicle technician/ motor trade/ automotive
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job