Junior Management Accountant
£26,000 - £28,000 + Benefits + Study Support
Dynamic, highly commercial, rapidly expanding and market leading company that provides a highly worthwhile, humanitarian service and based in Gillingham - interested?
Our client is a VC backed international operation with their Head Office based in the UK. The company and culture are quite unique, a blend of highly professional, profit focused capability with the reward of making a highly valuable contribution to society, on the World stage.
Due to their ongoing growth, they seek to appoint a capable, diligent and commercially savvy Jnr Management Accountant to their dynamic and close-knit team. The nature of their work is highly project focused and would see the successful candidate working closely with operations from the earliest planning and pricing stages though the entire lifecycle to conclusion.
The role of Jnr Management Accountant will be an exciting opportunity for a someone in the early stages of studying for a professional accountancy qualification to take their experience and ability to the next level. You will be well supported in your development, both with mentorship and through financial assistance in support of your studies. Whilst the role will be based in Gillingham, the role also offers the opportunity for occasional international travel. The industry itself is very rewarding and, due to their growth strategy, the opportunity for your personal development will be ongoing.
- Produce accurate project accounts for inclusion with the monthly management accounts, including detailed variance analysis for larger projects.
- Maintain and develop the project costing system to accurately record financial performance on projects.
- Produce budgets and forecasts for all key projects, including continuous monitoring and immediately highlighting variances to senior Management.
- Prepare project cash flow forecasts for inclusion within the weekly rolling cash flow forecast.
- Ensure that POC accounting adjustments are reconciled and agreed with the Financial Controller and discrepancies are resolved.
- Preparation and execution of payroll for project staff where necessary, ensuring payments are made in line with local minimum wage laws & legislation.
- Assist with preparation of monthly Management Accounts, including consolidation into Head Office reporting pack.
- Assist in maintaining the integrity of the UK accounting systems (currently Sage) and to ensure backups are regularly made.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the group requirements as and when they arise.
- Assist with the year end audit and production of the statutory accounts and corporation tax returns.
- Guide the commercial team with the financial aspects of tendering, including initial job costings and scenario cash flow forecasts.
- Review large tenders that have been prepared and convert into an appropriate format for reporting purposes.
This is a business with momentum; they support and develop their staff and have created a great atmosphere in which the right person will develop their responsibility, skill sets and career.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'