Are you an experienced setter / operator looking to move into an engineering position or recently finished college and looking to get into a maintenance position?
My client is a successful electronic component manufacturing business looking to take on a junior engineer, provided with on site training and development.
Reporting to the Maintenance Engineering Manager, responsibilities include:
- Provide engineering to support the Company's plant, equipment up-time via planned preventative maintenance and to assist with equipment and process installations.
- Contribute to achieving department engineering objectives and targets.
- Maintain operation equipment and assist with reactive maintenance
- Liaise with manufacturing to complete work at suitable intervals.
- Effectively communicate with other functions within the business to assist in ensuring plant downtime is minimised.
- To assist in the achievement of departmental performance KPI's.
- Ensure all activities are recorded via the Engineering department's computer system
- Maintain safe working conditions and practices in the Maintenance Department and factory areas
- Monitor supplies of material and spare parts to meet planned preventative maintenance programmes. Implementing purchase orders for replacement spare parts when appropriate.
- To take responsibility to ensure own personal development including awareness of changes in relevant legislation, working practices and skills/competence levels.
- Actively participate in all relevant company continuous improvement activities including; 5S, Root cause analysis, 5Y, etc.
- My client is looking for people with a keen interest in engineering
- Relatable qualifications in engineering are not essential but would be preferred
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job