Sports Direct is the UK’s largest sports retailer, operating from over 400 locations in the UK and Europe, this really is an exciting place to work, based at our purpose built UK Head Office in Shirebrook, Mansfield (10 mins from Junc 29, M1) this is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate to join Sports Direct's Design Team.
Our in house design team create products for a growing portfolio of our own and licensed brands, which cover a varied range of categories, including fashion, performance sports, character licensing, core sports and fitness.
Our designers need to have a passion for creating innovative garments that are in line with current trends, whilst always ensuring that we give our customers the true value that they have come to expect from our company. We need you to be able to deliver innovative design solutions across the leisure and lifestyle category.
• This role is best suited to graduates.
• Supporting the Sample Admin Assistant to be proactive in maintaining the archive of all previous seasonal samples and filing.
• To assess and interpret trends and keep up to date with market information and be able to present these to the rest of the team clearly & effectively.
• Assisting designers in colouring & describing CADs.
• To work closely with designers and buying team to complete design briefs keeping in line with critical path dates.
• To manage the process of sampling ensuring tech packs are sent to our overseas factories.
• To complete risk assessments in line with safety standards & keep a precise and accurate record of all safety information received.
• To design commercial ranges which reflect our brand identity.
• Proficient ability to use Adobe suite, predominantly Illustrator.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Must be enthusiastic and have a ‘can do’ attitude
• Organised, self-motivated and accountable
• Excellent communication skills
• Degree of flexibility towards the business and an adaptable work ethic
• An interest in all aspects of design with a focus on leisure wear
• A degree or equivalent in fashion design or fashion related subject is essential and a background in retail is preferable but no essential
Sports Direct is the UK’s leading sports retailer by revenue and operating profit, and the owner of a significant number of internationally recognised sports and leisure brands. Sports Direct is also a Top 10 Global Sports Retailer. The Group has retail interests outside the UK including; Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, Slovenia, Cyprus and Republic of Ireland and has a flexible approach to entry into new markets.
SportsDirect is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'