Junior Legal Cashier required for our client, a top 100, City Law Firm with an excellent reputation within the market.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with limited legal experience, who is looking to gain further exposure within the market and will offer training and excellent progression.
Supporting the finance team, the successful applicant will be assisting with petty cash, purchase ledger transactions and entering disbursements onto the system. With additional responsibilities when required. The department controls the Firm's office and client accounts, monitors investments and manages the day to day accounting function.
- Previous experience of a cashiering role in a legal environment, or prior experience in a Client role would be desirable
- Candidates with Purchase Ledger experience within legal / professional services will also be considered
- Knowledge of the Solicitors Account Rules and Law Society Guidelines for cashiering practices
- Ability to demonstrate their knowledge and expertise in their specialist area
- Experience of using Aderant/CMS time recording and Billing Software (or similar)
Role will include:
- Processing electronic payments, recording on accounts system and inputting on online banking platform and ensuring subsequent release of payment by authorised persons
- Processing and payment of expenses
- Processing cheque requests, printing, having these signed by authorised persons and distributing accordingly
- Entering Court Fees onto account system, as per weekly invoice
- Entering Land Registry and Search Flow invoices onto accounts system, as per daily invoices
- Entering courier and taxis onto system
- Ordering Foreign Currency and making relevant postings
- Managing firms credit cards, posting subsequent transactions, reconciling and posting direct debits
- Scanning of remittances to relevant fee/earner secretaries
- Managing petty cash transactions and subsequent reconciliation thereof
- Responding to fee earners and support staff
- Opening and distributing internal post to the finance team
- Maintenance of Office Account Team inbox
- Supporting the Office Account Team with any additional duties, as and when required
For more information, please contact Amel Steel on or email
Huntress Search Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job