Junior Knitwear Designer
An exciting Junior Knitwear Design opportunity looking to recruit someone who shares a passion for true knitwear (ideally with 12months relevant practical design experience).
Our client is an established supplier with a wide portfolio of UK retailers & brands. With on-site sampling facilities this is an ideal learning ground to see your designs develop from concept to sample!
Junior Knitwear Designer - The Role:
- You will identify and translate the ‘must have’ trends for fast fashion ladies knitwear
- Dependent upon experience level, liaise with customers, attend presentations as and when required
- Understand garment construction and production constraints
- Produce detailed tech packs and liaise with suppliers & factories
- Develop new trims and fabrics with fads and fast fashion in mind
- Progress chase development sampling
- Identify and update bestsellers to drive repeat business
- Support the admin/update systems, style files for the department and Commercial Director as required
Junior Knitwear Designer - The Candidate:
- Ideal candidate will have completed Knitwear related Design degree (or similar) and 6-12months practical industry experience
- Good knowledge of yarns, knit gauges and structures.
- Highly creative and trend driven with a true connection to knitwear design.
- Excellent CAD skills (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Ability to work in a fast paced fashion environment.
- Good understanding of garment construction and knitwear manufacturing methods.
- Able to work on their own – take initiative and work as part of a team.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word documentformat stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to – quoting our reference: 11657 AA.
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'