Role: Junior Developer
Contract type: Permanent
Apex Recruitment are recruiting for the position of Junior Developer, for an established software company, based in Essex.
- Private Healthcare
- Free Parking
- Annual salary reviews
- Matched pension
- Flexible working hours
What you will be doing:
As a Junior Developer, you will play an active role in our expansion within the automotive sector. We are looking for an individual with interest in developing software in Java within an Agile framework. This position will allow you to develop new skills and experience in engaging with external customers.
Aside from the development aspects of the position, the role will be enjoyed by an individual with an inquiring mind. We would welcome your creativity to help design and develop new features to enhance the functionality of our applications. Additionally, you will be expected to perform ‘deep dive’ investigations and analysis, suggest where improvements to code and infrastructure can be made and to continue the evolution of our software.
You will enjoy opportunities to work on both new and existing projects and be challenged to make a difference through your enthusiasm and self-motivation; bringing ideas to the table, facilitating change and helping direct our client’s future.
About the company:
This position will be based from the office in Essex. This is an exceptional opportunity for a Junior Developer to play an active role in the development and implementation of bespoke solutions largely used by the automotive industry.
The job will offer you an opportunity to get involved with all parts of a full software development lifecycle to craft a product that you will be proud to develop and support. The division that you will join deals with products and applications used by several large clients based in the UK, the US, and Europe.
The role will give you the rare opportunity to architect and implement software projects in an environment where the software stack choices will be a product of the requirements rather than a limitation of the solution.
What we expect from you:
- Java SE 8 knowledge
- Presentation and communication skills that allow you to translate technical information effectively to non-technical audiences at a variety of organisational levels
- Driven by a desire to solve complex design challenges using both logical and creative approaches
- The ability to take ownership and strive to deliver a variety of technical solutions with positive energy and a strong desire to succeed
- You will be degree educated in computer science or be able to show equivalent experience.
Experience with the following technology and practices:
- Understanding of various Java web frameworks, such as Spring
- Experience in working with Git, Gradle, Nexus and other continuous integration tools
- An enthusiasm for modern development methodologies including peer development, code reviews and TDD
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'