Are you dynamic? Ambitious? Have a passion for people? Love to learn? Looking for a career instead of a dead-end job?
This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the world’s largest company in their industry. Our client has a successful track record in providing the marketplace with innovative solutions, services and products.
They now have an excellent opportunity for a permanent Server Support Engineer to join their fun and friendly team in Gloucester. Our client provides a fantastic launch pad for individuals who are looking to start or develop a career in the IT industry.
The successful candidate will be fully supported throughout employment and will receive a 2-week training programme on arrival, as well as never-ending opportunities for further growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Full training is provided -
- Answering emails, calls and online chat in a positive and friendly manner.
- Taking ownership of support requests ensuring they are resolved to the customers’ satisfaction.
- Upselling suitable products based on the customer’s needs.
- Quickly identify problems that need to be escalated to the next level of support.
- Creating a record of each customer problem and administer the process.
- Educating the customer where possible, to reduce their need to contact support.
- Promote and provide support for new products.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of our products, technologies and their competitors.
- Management of Windows and Linux server operating systems.
- Carrying out bespoke installations and/or maintenance based on customer requirements.
- Troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confidence in handling difficult customers.
- Ability to learn under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for a career within the IT industry.
Hours - 40 hours a week on a shift basis (covering the hours of 7am until midnight).
Salary - £20,400 - This is £17k per annum plus a 20% shift allowance (which equals to £20,400 per annum) as well as excellent benefits & bonuses including 25 days holiday!