CDL has an exciting opportunity for a Junior IT Support Engineer to join the team based in Stockport. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis with a competitive salary in return.
Do you love technology? Are you looking for an opportunity to start an exciting and challenging career with a great team? Do you want to learn and are you willing to put the effort in to learn? If the answer is yes to all of these questions then we'd love to talk to you. The role is within our 2nd line Support Team and you'll join a fantastic team who are responsible for ensuring our core tasks are dealt with in a professional manner. You'll work alongside our experienced 3rd line engineers who will help you along the way to a great career.
What you’ll do as a Junior IT Support Engineer:
- Releasing code and deploying our software to our on-prem, cloud and self-hosted solutions
- Performing daily checks to verify nothing 'caught fire' overnight!
- Monitoring our infrastructure using various monitoring solutions such as Elastic, Grafana, Prometheus and Cloud Watch
- Monthly security patching cycles to ensure we apply the latest security patches within tight timescales
- Implementing new functionality in a timely manner, aligned to client requests
- Running scripts, uploading client documentation, access requests, refreshing environments and configuring environments as well
- …and also working out of hours to ensure we can deliver with minimal impact to our clients
What we’re looking for in our Junior IT Support Engineer:
- An IT related degree, or have a year working within an equivalent IT role
- Experience working within Linux and/or Windows Server operating systems is a must
- An excellent team working ethic
- A strong desire to work within technology and to be able to demonstrate this in the interview
- …and most importantly you must want to learn!
For the successful candidates, you'll be exposed to working in a predominantly Linux world, with a scattering of Windows servers, physical and virtual machines, supporting our software running on-prem, on client hosted sites and in AWS. You'll learn to live and breathe automation through scripting in Python, Ruby, Bash, and of course Puppet, our chosen Configuration Management Tool. The goal is nothing should be done manually! You'll also learn to configure our Proxy and Gateways, whilst mastering monitoring via Elastic, Grafana, Prometheus and Cloud Watch. Git, Gerrit, Jenkins, Tomcat and Weblogic will all become very familiar to you, and opportunities to get involved in containerisation will present themselves if you put the effort in. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate, with the right attitude, to develop themselves and start on an exciting path.
What we’ll offer you:
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- On-site free parking
- Open plan modern offices
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Excellent training and development platform
- Opportunities for career progression
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start
- Dress down policy
-Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Pension scheme
- Community projects
- Games room and chill out zone
- Social activities, regular social events through our social group Xtra, including a summer barbeque, competitions, bowling, go-karting, football games, Winter party and much more!
- Car wash, barber, yoga classes, boot camp and massage services all on site
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shower and dry rooms
- UK Top Employers for the 3rd Year running
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high-volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
We've built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ Agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you're always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with. Are you passionate about Front End Development and Agile mind-set? Do you care about ‘building the right thing’ and ‘building the thing right’? Does being part of an innovative culture inspire you? Then we want you!
If you would like to be part of driving a culture of excellence in everything we do, we would love to hear from you; click ‘apply’ today to become our Junior IT Support Engineer!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'