IT Junior Project Manager (IT Commercial Analyst)
Gatwick Airport - Where something new happens every 60 seconds!
Gatwick Airport Limited (GAL) is the most efficient single runway airport in the world. It serves more than 46 million passengers to 228 destinations in 74 countries a year on a short and long-haul point-to-point basis. Gatwick is a major economic driver for the UK contributing £5.3 billion to national GDP, generating 85,000 jobs nationally, with around 24,000 jobs on the airport campus alone. Gatwick is a high growth business regularly achieving double digit year on year revenue growth.
To become the most efficient single runway in the world Gatwick has had to set a number of world firsts in terms of process, people and technology excellence in a highly complex and fast moving environment. GAL has won numerous awards in its history, including over ten major awards in 2017 alone. These awards include airport of the year; best airport; favourite airport for short-haul flights and marketing campaign of the year by a retailer.
The Gatwick IT function is widely considered by industry leaders and trade press as being in the top 5 most innovative airports in the world (behind Singapore, Schiphol and Dubai). The IT function has recently won several digital innovation awards including best in-house digital team of the year; best use of mobile technology; best corporate app; business IT innovation of the year and most innovative use of digital technology.
Gatwick Airport is changing at an outstanding pace and this presents an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced IT Commercial Analyst to be part of the IT Commercial team's revenue stream of £Xm, related to IT services provided to external B2B customers such as airlines, ground handlers, retailers and other companies on the airport campus.
This position would manage some of the pre-sales activities, SharePoint sites, process automation, contract preparation and administration. This position would support three IT Account Managers within IT Commercial.
The role will interface into multiple teams including: IT Construction, Business Systems, IT Operations, Gatwick IT framework suppliers and support providers.
The main accountabilities of the role are:
- Manage IT Commercial Sharepoint site, record keeping, develop new pages and reports, process automation, reports and content administration.
- Coordinate B2B IT Customer implementation activities with multiple project activates and operational teams
- External customer related purchases, budget management and reporting. Monitoring of tenant bandwidth and purchase of additional capacity as required.
- Clear and appropriate communications with all stakeholders
- Support pre-sales activities related to customers, including proposals, sales pipeline management and automation suing Sharepoint or Salesforce.
- Customer related contract preparation, execution using DocuSign, amendments, administration and billing
- Telecoms wayleave and minor facilities administration, contract documentation and management, liaising with customers
- Delivery of IT Customer project work streams to agreed timescales, quality and budget
- Driving value through cost efficient project delivery
- Manage service requests and small IT Commercial projects to enable new services for external customers.
- Provide adhoc reports for customers on usage statistics such as Wi-Fi, network, internet or telephone.
- Manage the billing to more than 100 customers for revenue in excess of £Xm.
Qualifications and experience
The candidate will have a good background in general IT infrastructure, SharePoint, and IT Systems. Solid experience of best practice project management gained in a complex, fast-paced environment is absolutely essential.
The role will require the following:
- Proven track record of IT project coordination within a fast-paced and challenging commercial environment.
- Ability to demonstrate extensive experience in IT commercial activities such as contract administration / billing
- Substantial experience in sales process, pipeline management.
- Proven experience of Sharepoint, process automation and record keeping.
- Experience in using Finance systems, SAP.
- Strong communication, organisation, documentation and team working skills with supplier and resource management.
- Thorough knowledge of Project Management tools and MS Office applications.
- Appreciation of the technology platforms in operation in a major airport and commercial environment.
- Junior IT Project Manager