The Recruiter Specialists are working with an established Lloyd’s broker who is currently looking to recruit a Junior IBA Accounts Handler to join their successful team. This is a well respected Lloyd’s insurance broker that prides themselves on the service they produce.
Suitable candidates for the position may already have gained some experience working in an administrative support role (ideally within Insurance) and will be looking for a new challenge within a small and respected Lloyd’s broker. This is an Insurance based accounts role so an interest in working in Insurance is essential. Full training will be given.
You will need to be able to cope with a busy work environment dealing with varied tasks throughout the day.
Reporting directly to the Accounts Manager & Accounts Supervisor you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Cash Matching & Allocation
- Preparing statements for Underwriters, Clients & Third Party accounts
- Chasing outstanding premium & requesting breakdowns for un-reconciled receipts and allocating to entries once received
- Assisting the busy IBA Accounts department on a daily basis
- Assisting with all IBA credit control runs
- Reviewing and Amending IBA bank payee templates as requested
- Filing of all relevant documentation such as bank statements, remittance advices & correspondence
- Completing bank runs to bank cheques
- Maintaining the correct exchange rates on Brokasure on a weekly basis
- Sending weekly remittance advices for the IBA Payment run
- Communicating when needed with clients and underwriters in a professional manner
- Covering the Accounts Assistant in the event of absence
- Assisting other team members during busy periods
- Assisting the Compliance Officer with enquiries relating to your role
- Weekly checking of historical payables and updating spreadsheet for the IBA department
- General office duties such as answering the telephone, scanning & filing
This is a pivotal position within the company and therefore demands a responsible attitude.
The ideal candidate will need to have strong numerical and literacy skills. Good communicational and organisational skills are also essential.
Other desirable skills are:
- Some AAT qualifications highly preferable
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel and Outlook) or similar software applications.
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality.
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers and other associates.
Our client is committed to continuous professional education and will offer study support when required.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job