nmcn work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
Through our unique offering, providing services from feasibility and design, to construction and handover, our Water business provides ‘Full Asset Lifecycle Thinking’ across our projects, in both the clean and wastewater environments. Always ensuring we are supporting our customers with innovative outcome-based solutions and an exceptional experience. We currently deliver infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects for 10 of the largest national water sector companies.
We are looking to recruit an Junior Hydrogeologist to join the nmcn Water Midlands team on a full-time basis based in Annesley, Nottinghamshire. The Junior Hydrogeologist will provide technical groundwater support to a multi-disciplinary team within the Water section of the business primarily on nmcn’s Severn Trent Water Framework.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Fieldwork, typically on ground water production sites to include the supervision of borehole drilling and rehabilitation, pump testing, environmental monitoring, water quality sampling and other field tasks as required
- Collation, quality management and processing of hydrogeological data
- Factual reporting of hydrogeological data and geological conditions
- Working collaboratively with the wider multi-disciplinary team to achieve project objectives and meet deadlines
- Project based travel and fieldwork, the frequency and duration of which will depend on the business and client need
- Liaising with client Hydrogeologists and Supervisors to ensure client standards and expectations are met
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in geology or a related discipline (2:1 minimum). An MSc in hydrogeology or geology would be advantageous.
- Strong technical and report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner as part of a team
- Ability to make evidence-based decisions and display initiative
- Strong organisational ability and time management
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel throughout the UK as required
Ideally candidates will have experience / knowledge of:
- Hydraulic and fluid mechanic analysis and calculations
- Water chemistry
- Water & Waste water processes and infrastructure
- Working directly or indirectly with UK water suppliers
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution
Please note – we may have to close applications to this role sooner than anticipated based on the number of applications received.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'