At this exciting time of rapid expansion for Lidl UK, our compact and highly productive Trading Compliance team continues to play a vital role in ensuring that we meet our regulatory requirements and ensure the safety of all employees both in our operational and construction sites. In this role you will utilise your natural enthusiasm, impeccable attention to detail, proven organisation skills and you will ensure that all our projects are delivered safely.
What will you do?
- Corporate policy development and the testing of new initiatives
- Dealing with a wide range of legal and operational issues including providing technical guidance and reactive support
- Proactively improving compliance and standards within the company
- Producing, updating and issuing various analysis reports
- Incident investigation
- Attending industry forums to keep abreast of best practice and legislation
- Developing and delivering safety promotional campaigns and activities
- In addition to health and safety you will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge in a variety of other disciplines including food safety, fire safety, trading standards and construction safety
What will you need?
- You must hold a relevant degree or equivalent qualification in Health and Safety
- You will ideally have some experience in Health and Safety and construction
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task
- A confident communicator able to work in a fast paced demanding environment
- The ability to work to tight schedules and deadlines
- A high degree of flexibility
- Self-motivated and dedicated to achieving the highest results
- Genuine enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills
What do we offer?
- £24,360 - £35,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- An additional 10% of your annual salary as a non-contractual London Weighting benefit
- 30 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development by an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and to realise long term career prospects
- You will have the chance to gain further relevant professional accredited qualifications and memberships
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job