Junior Hardware Engineer
30k - 40k + Benefits (25 days holiday, Pension & Life Assurance)
Trakm8 holdings group PLC is a market leader in the fast growing vehicle telematics market sector. Based in Dorset and other UK locations but with a global marketplace Trakm8 is well placed to take advantage of current market opportunities. Increased fuel costs, reduction in operating costs and numerous employment laws such as Duty of Care are all driving increased interest in our products and services. Due to steady growth we are now looking for a Junior Hardware Engineer to join our hardware engineering team in Shaftesbury, Dorset.
- Participation in Full Lifecycle Hardware development of Trakm8 core product set to include. Telematics & Camera systems.
- To work with and under the guidance of a senior member of the hardware team.
- Participation in regular Team meetings & peer reviews.
- Ensure designs meet performance / cost targets.
- Prepare / review design documentation.
- Support prototype / trial builds.
- Commercial experience in electronic design gained via an industry placement year.
- Degree Level Qualification in Electronics.
- Experience of tools for schematic capture, PCB layout etc.
- Understanding of developing for EMC compliance.
- Understanding of reliability engineering / design for manufacture.
- Competent user of lab equipment such as; multimeter, oscilloscope, spectrum analyser, soldering iron etc.
- Well organised and capable of prioritising workload.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience or exposure to ORCAD / Cadence CAD systems;
- Demonstrable interest in electronics projects & technology;
- Can do attitude and ability to take on responsibility when required;
- Have a can do attitude to problems and situations.
Ideally we are looking for candidates with 1-2 years commercial experience; however we would consider recent graduates too.
- Hardware Development
- Hardware Engineering
- Design for Manufacture
- PCB Layout
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job